• Quick Navigation
Photo

Is Trialing Uncontrolled Documents Allowed Under SQF Requirements?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
- - - - -

m-vax

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:55 AM

Hi,

This is a rather important question as it pertains to a situation in my plant: An enterprising employee has created and requested a trial of a new paperwork that is not officially recognised at this time and thus is not under revision control or sanction in any official way. He also wishes to offer other documents to be trailed as a method to prove their usefulness.

Is this contrary to SQF document control rules, and if so, how could this type of activity be modified to fit SQF rules?

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

Hi,

This is a rather important question as it pertains to a situation in my plant: An enterprising employee has created and requested a trial of a new paperwork that is not officially recognised at this time and thus is not under revision control or sanction in any official way. He also wishes to offer other documents to be trailed as a method to prove their usefulness.

Is this contrary to SQF document control rules, and if so, how could this type of activity be modified to fit SQF rules?

Dear m-vax,

Not sure i totally understand the main point of yr query. Why not sanctioned ?
For example, if the documents related to a validation study of some new process methodology being trialled i would hv thought it illogical (illegal?) to start the exercise unless sanctioned by the company ?

Or are you referring to a different method of documentation control as applied to routine process data ?

Sorry if i hv misunderstood yr query. :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

m-vax

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'd rather not get involved with the details, it would help me to know if it is against the sqf document rules to trial a document or paperwork intended to record and track production volumes on a trial basis (trial paperwork). The document may be going under changes daily / hourly and it would be a hindrance to repeatably submit to a sqf document control and revision every time. This document is not officially needed, used or submitted to anyone at this point, so I don' t see that is a problem, but I don't want to break sqf policy.

bacon

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 173 posts
  • 77 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:NOAA HACCP & Better Process Control School Certified, GFSI Schemes (BRC/SQF) Certified, Woolworths Quality Assurance (WQA), USDC, FDA, U.S. Army and client audit preparation; Seafood Processing, Supplier Approval

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

Per "2.2.1.2 A register of current SQF System documents and amendments to documents shall be maintained."

My 2 cents:
If it is not critical to safety (level 2) or quality (level 3), no need to mention it.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users