Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 8 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

Our company is currently SQF certified. We are going to implement SQF at a sister facility, out-of-state, in 2013. We want to use a common SQF Manual , policies & procedures located on one intranet drive.
My question for the SQF auditors out there; Is it OK to use one set of SQF Manuals, policies & procedures, HACCP Plans, Master Docs located on one intranet drive?

KDuf

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 24 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

Good question! I'm looking for the same answer.

One clarification sgedvilas, are you going for the "multi-site managed by a central site" SQF Module 16? Or are you planning to have two completely separate plans?

I look forward to others' responses.

Thanked by 1 Member:

crhodes

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

Our company is currently SQF certified. We are going to implement SQF at a sister facility, out-of-state, in 2013. We want to use a common SQF Manual , policies & procedures located on one intranet drive.
My question for the SQF auditors out there; Is it OK to use one set of SQF Manuals, policies & procedures, HACCP Plans, Master Docs located on one intranet drive?

I'd be very interested in the answer as well. Working on getting 10 plants across North America certified to BRC....Can the Corporate driven documentation be centralized with local access?

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,665 posts
  • 1139 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

The same exact system can not be used at the sister plant, however you can duplicate the documentation system at the sister plant as long as you customize it for that facility. This is clearly explained in more detail in the current SQF Code Version 7 manual available for free from SQFI.com under the documents section.

Glenn Oster

http://www.GetGoc.com

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

David Pham

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 36 posts
  • 11 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

I'd be very interested in the answer as well. Working on getting 10 plants across North America certified to BRC....Can the Corporate driven documentation be centralized with local access?

We have an intranet at our facilities with documents that are site specific. The users will log in to the intranet and will pull documents for their site through the same portal. On the back end we designate which site the document pertains to. Of course since it's the same company, some of the BRC documents go for both sites. The documents are also watermarked to specify which site it pertains to.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users