Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 11 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

Not sure if this is the correct forum so please feel free to move this to a more appropriate one.

I am looking for a stock control software package that will cater for batch numbers and BBE’s. I have created a stock control database using Microsoft Access where you enter items/products and record their movement giving a total stock balance but my knowledge of Access doesn’t go far enough to include batch numbers and BBE’s.

Can anyone suggest an ideal package or even advise me on howto update the Access database that I have? I’m not looking for an all singing all dancing package just a simple one.

Many thanks in advance.

Philip @ Safefood 360°

Philip @ Safefood 360

• Corporate Sponsor
  • 105 posts
  • 35 thanks
Good

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Not sure if this is the correct forum so please feel free tomove this to a more appropriate one.

I am looking for a stock control software package that willcater for batch numbers and BBE’s. I have created a stock control databaseusing Microsoft Access where you enter items/products and record their movementgiving a total stock balance but my knowledge of Access doesn’t go far enoughto include batch numbers and BBE’s.

Can anyone suggest an ideal package or even advise me on howto update the Access database that I have? I’m not looking for an all singingall dancing package just a simple one.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Mick,

Trusty old MS Access. The bedrock of stock control systems for small businesses the world over. Is there anything it can’t do?! :smile:

Stock Control and their sister software systems are so ubiquitous nowadays that I’m certain if 10 members were to reply you would get 10 different recommendations. Several of which would be based on MS Access.

‘Off the shelf’ box packages are a plenty but in reality a stock control system will require some level of customisation and integration to your needs so very often you will need a developer or savvy IT guy on hand.

In my experience small businesses tend to purchase software from local software companies serving their area and that offer a solution which they can bespoke easily and come on site when required.

So that’s where I would start. Pick up the phone and call some food companies in your immediate area, get through to your peers and ask them what/who they are using for stock control / warehouse management / traceability etc. I’m assuming you have little other IT in your company so suggest this is where you start.

Coming back to your Access database if you want to PM me your email address I will take a very quick look at the database for you.

Regards,
Philip.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users