• 64 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• Kenya
    Kenya
  • Interests:Inspection.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

Hi all,

I would like to have all of your opinion on the important areas/documents to be taken care of when considering the BRC issue 6 for our Nile perch production facility,

I will be really grateful if you people can discuss it in a broader way (I can provide you with further details of the production process if necessary)

thanks and regards,

QAMalpha

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

Hi all,

I would like to have all of your opinion on the important areas/documents to be taken care of when considering the BRC issue 6 for our Nile perch production facility,

I will be really grateful if you people can discuss it in a broader way (I can provide you with further details of the production process if necessary)

thanks and regards,

QAMalpha

Dear QAMalpha,

No disrespect intended but a more practical route for yourself might be to perform a GAP analysis first (available on this forum) then come back with any problems. This would more likely get directly useful feedback.

(I suspect that the scope of yr question is likely to be a little daunting for posters. However anybody is only too welcome to prove me wrong. :clap: )

Rgds / Charles.C

PS - Obviously an approved / approvable HACCP plan is a primary requirement. Perhaps you hv one already. ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

TEJUSAN

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 64 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• Kenya
    Kenya

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:15 AM

Dear QAMalpha,

No disrespect intended but a more practical route for yourself might be to perform a GAP analysis first (available on this forum) then come back with any problems. This would more likely get directly useful feedback.

(I suspect that the scope of yr question is likely to be a little daunting for posters. However anybody is only too welcome to prove me wrong. :clap: )

Rgds / Charles.C

PS - Obviously an approved / approvable HACCP plan is a primary requirement. Perhaps you hv one already. ?

we have HACCP plans already for all the products we produce. The thing is that it seems BRC is making things complicated I feel as the requirements are getting more issue by issue. For example,ours is a low risk area according to the production risk zone classification by BRC issue 6. But for the Competent Authority(Fisheries Department of the Country), the classification criteria are different. So it make the things a bit messy. Thats why I still believe that my question is a relevant one,,,,

TEJUSAN

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 64 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• Kenya
    Kenya

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

Dear QAMalpha,

Rgds / Charles.C

we have a HACCP plan already for all the products we produce. The thing is that it seems BRC is making things complicated I feel as the requirements are getting more issue by issue. For example,ours is a low risk area according to the production risk zone classificationby BRC issue 6. But for the Competent Authority, the classification criteria are different. So it make the things a bit messy. Thats why I still believe that my question is a relevant one,,,,

TEJUSAN

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 64 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• Kenya
    Kenya

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

Thank you all,

We had our BRC issue 6 audit last week and retained our A grade with 5 minor non conformances. Once again thank you IFSQN in providing me the guidance for my preparation, thank you all,

thanks and regards,

QAMalpha

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users