Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 60 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

Our company is going for its first GFSI certification with BRC, and I have a few questions that I'm looking for help with.

Do the risk assessments for BRC need to be individual controlled documents? Do they need to be done on a regular basis, or just reviewed when there is a change to the system?

trubertq

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 658 posts
  • 281 thanks
Excellent

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

I have done them individually but using the same document if you know what I mean..... The Risk assessment document is generic and then filled out according to what you are risk assessing.

I review them annually, and if anything changes in the system. It's worked so far...

I got this template on here somewhere.

Attached Files

I'm entitled to my opinion, even a stopped clock is right twice a day

Thanked by 1 Member:

WowQC

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 60 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

Thank you for the information and the template.

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

Hi WowQC

All of my risk assessments are document controlled, even though the template is generic. Although i do have some bespoke risk assessments for some things.

I also review all risk assessments at least twice annually, uually as part of my HACCP review seeing as the majority of them are connected to food safety.

Caz x

WowQC

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 60 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

Hi WowQC

All of my risk assessments are document controlled, even though the template is generic. Although i do have some bespoke risk assessments for some things.

I also review all risk assessments at least twice annually, uually as part of my HACCP review seeing as the majority of them are connected to food safety.

Caz x

Do you do your risk assessments in connection with the HACCP plan, or independently? Thanks.

SVO

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:51 AM

Hi WowQ,

We review our risk assessments based on the individual standards annually and they are a controlled document, Attached is a template we use (BRC V6 Section 4.2.1 - Security).  We also incorporate past history for consideration (i.e. occurrences, customer complaints)

Hope it helps

Note the levels we use are: 1-6 for likelihood and severity.

Attached Files

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:21 AM

Our company is going for its first GFSI certification with BRC, and I have a few questions that I'm looking for help with.

Do the risk assessments for BRC need to be individual controlled documents? Do they need to be done on a regular basis, or just reviewed when there is a change to the system?

Dear WowQC,

Based on various previous threads / examples, the problem can occasionally be met that the textual phrasing of BRC does not always align to a (haccp-type) risk assessment as can be readily handled with a generic template.

Personally, i think BRC do it deliberately so as to compete with SQF's "validation". :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

PS - "GFSI certification" seems to have become a popular terminology but i believe it has no direct (GFSI) meaning.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

Do you do your risk assessments in connection with the HACCP plan, or independently? Thanks.

I do both

Some risk assessments connected with HACCP for stuff such as pre-requisites or allergens, and others for things such as equipment validation or legionella

Caz x

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users