• IFSQN Associate
  • 30 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:44 PM

Hello,

I am a college intern working for a small oil and packing company. The company wants to become BRC certified and my job is to examine the current quality manual and fill in the gaps to get them BRC certfied audit ready. I am very new to this. Any suggestions or comments of where to start would be a great. Thank you!

WowQC

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 60 posts
  • 13 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:32 PM

Hello Lazlo,

Do you have a copy of the BRC code? That's the place to start. Interpretation guides are also available from BRC to assist you in understanding their requirements. These can be purchased from BRC.

http://www.tsoshop.co.uk/brcbookshop/

Reading through this website is also very useful. Here is the link to the BRC forum: http://www.ifsqn.com...rd-food-safety/

Happy reading!

Edgar J

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 17 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

Hey Lazlo,

I am in a fairly similar situation but I am finding that If you follow the Standard and get a hold of the Interpretation Guidelines, it helps a lot!

Essentially make your way through each point and make sure you have everything that they are looking for in relation to what pertains to your company's work.

Have a pre-audit done as well prior to the actual BRC audit as it will give you a better idea of what they will look for and how the process unfolds.

This website is also a veritable treasure trove of information and help since you can traverse the forums and get help for each section via explanations of sections/clauses and examples of documents with how other company's implement the Standard.

Good Luck and Happy Audit Prep!

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:50 AM

Hello,

I am a college intern working for a small oil and packing company. The company wants to become BRC certified and my job is to examine the current quality manual and fill in the gaps to get them BRC certfied audit ready. I am very new to this. Any suggestions or comments of where to start would be a great. Thank you!

Dear Lazio,

I deduce from the thread title that you are familiar with a Gap list and have already performed an analysis with it. I assume therefore that you possess a copy of the BRC standard ?.

You may get best relevant suggestions if you inform the result of yr gap analysis ?

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Shyguy77

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 120 posts
  • 62 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

Hello,

I am a college intern working for a small oil and packing company. The company wants to become BRC certified and my job is to examine the current quality manual and fill in the gaps to get them BRC certfied audit ready. I am very new to this. Any suggestions or comments of where to start would be a great. Thank you!

Lazlo,

The BRC also has a self assessment tool to go along with the standards and interpretation guidelines to help you in comparing what you already have in your QSM to match against each standard. This link has a copy of the Self Assessment tool to help you get started.

http://www.brcglobal...037 8.11.11.pdf

This along with a pre-audit should help you in your preparations in becomeing BRC certified. Wish you the best of luck.

Thanked by 1 Member:

George @ Safefood 360°

Grade - SIFSQN

• Corporate Sponsor
  • 374 posts
  • 327 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

Hi Lazio,

All of the above are excellent suggestions. Given that you and the company are new to the standard I would also suggest investing in a good consultant to conduct a pre-audit gap analysis or asking the certification body to conduct it. This is not a reflection on any person involved in the implementation of the standard it is merely prudent to avoid a poor audit outcome and the additional expense and pain that will cause.

George

Lazlo

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 30 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

Hello ,

Thank you for all of your responses. I have been working off the BRC issue 6 self assessment tool and trying to formulate the manual that way. I also have been referring a lot to this website for help so I appreciate all the help!

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users