Grade - Active

• 18 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

Hey everyone,

Any suggestion on product design and development checklist? Do you have to have product design checklist on existing equipment that we have been using pre- BRC program? Also, any suggestions on certificates of conformity for equipment (food safe) that we have been using for years? Should I call the companies and have them provide me with letters of conformites?  I conduct daily, weekly, and monthly operational hygiene and structural reports. What does everyone think?

Thanks!

Breann

Shyguy77

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 120 posts
  • 62 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

Hi Bre,

We do sanitary design checklists for new equipment and for any equpiment that needs modifications to it. We have also written to our equipment suppliers for letters of conformity if needed. Some seaches on the web or on goverment sites can help you in aquiring all this information and OFC you always have us to try and lend a hand.

Doing a quick search on the net, i found this example of a sanitary design checklist.

http://www.commercia...st-20110730.xls

The USDA also has a list of accepted food grade equipment

http://www.ams.usda....=STELPRD3641024

Thanked by 2 Members:

KTD

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 266 posts
  • 96 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

Bre -

Along with Jpremore's comments, see attached. Besides with contacting equipment suppliers about existing equipment, don't forget to get letters on food contact materials used by your maintenance department. I am assuming you are USDA FSIS inspected, but these should be applicable to both in most cases. May be some redundancy in the articles...

I have included a simple check list that my plants use when commissioning new or rebuilt equipment.

Attached Files

Thanked by 2 Members:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5675 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:36 AM

Bre -

Along with Jpremore's comments, see attached. Besides with contacting equipment suppliers about existing equipment, don't forget to get letters on food contact materials used by your maintenance department. I am assuming you are USDA FSIS inspected, but these should be applicable to both in most cases. May be some redundancy in the articles...

I have included a simple check list that my plants use when commissioning new or rebuilt equipment.

Dear KTD,

Useful stuff, thks. (Easy to get Engg Dept  to Excel fill in  "OPERATIONS" ? :smile: ?)

In Europe, i think EHEDG are one prime resource and offer some voluminous documents.

I like yr "OBSOLETING" technique in the Excel document. Very ingenious. :spoton: Almost justifies writing Procedures in Excel.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Bre

Grade - Active

• 18 posts
  • 8 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

Jpremore and KTD- 

Thank you so much for the information. I am glad I told my maintenance manager to get letter's of conformity for us on our existing equipment.  KTD, great documents that you attached. They are very helpful. :happydance:

Thanks,

Bre

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 342 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

I went onto the manufacturers websites and downloaded the brochures / technical specs for all of our equipment.

Don't forget to have technical specs for things such as flexi pipes, hopper covers etc

I also downloaded the relevant information (food grade, SS 316) for things such as buckets and jugs etc. All new pipe work comes with a letter of conformity from the engineering supplier.On file I also have information regarding our blue gloves, gauntlets etc

Caz x

Thanked by 1 Member:
Bre

nature michel

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Germany
    Germany

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:28 AM