• IFSQN Member
  • 156 posts
  • 72 thanks
Good

• Puerto Rico
    Puerto Rico

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

To all the members,

I came across to a requirement about metal Passivation Process for Food Manufacturing equipment and tools.  SQF or FDA requiring evidence of this process for food manufacturing equipment on but it is not mandatory (yet).

If you heard about this, I would like to see your comments or any information you may have about this subject.

Thank you,

Arquelio Ramirez

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:36 PM

To all the members,

I came across to a requirement about metal Passivation Process for Food Manufacturing equipment and tools.  SQF or FDA requiring evidence of this process for food manufacturing equipment on but it is not mandatory (yet).

If you heard about this, I would like to see your comments or any information you may have about this subject.

Thank you,

Arquelio Ramirez

Dear  kellio,

Passivation itself is not a newly recommended  procedure for stainless steel of course, eg

http://www.foodsafet...safety-program/

Do you have an accessible link to yr FDA/SQF “requirement for evidence”?. I was unable to find anything relevant from Google.

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Kellio

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 156 posts
  • 72 thanks
Good

• Puerto Rico
    Puerto Rico

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

Charles,

Thank you for your response.  I will keep seeking clarification on this subject. A customer Audit asked about this and he made the comments about SQF and FDA.  I have noticing a lot of people are getting getting nervous about "FSMA" and wherever somebody hears something, he/she takes notes and it inmediately becomes a requirment without knowing what it is first.

Edited by Kellio, 17 July 2013 - 10:19 PM.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users