Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

Hi everyone!  I am a newly hired QA Intern for a start-up company in Missouri.  We are certified level 2 in SQF.  I would like to be certified for HACCP and SQF, eventually bringing the company to level 3...anything else I should do right off the bat?  The head of QA would like me to pick a few projects to work on.  Thoughts?

R. Stevick

zawape

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 21 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

Get yourself familiarized with the company's  HACCP plan/s, an active participation in the HACCP re-assesment may be a good place to start with.

Labor Omnia Vincit

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

Dear stevick,

AFAIK, SQF level 2 includes HACCP :uhm:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Stevick

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

@Charles,

We have separate binders for HACCP and the Quality Manual (SQF Code).  The other QA intern and I have been given permission to update both binders.  We are adding a new product line and obtaining more square footage in the next few months.  We have a lot of leeway and would like to find projects to work on rather than being given specific tasks.  

Stevick

Jus'me

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 54 posts
  • 22 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

Greetings from one Mo-bee to another!

I would suggest getting familiar with the current HACCP plan and then looking at the expansion your compnay is planning on doing and picking one of these as a "pet project"  It will have to go through the same risk analysis as the prior ones. You may also review the Quality manual w/ "fresh eyes" to see if there is anything in there that you feel could be improved upon.  Don't know if you are interested, but the Food Defense and contingency plans are always needing to be monitored and updated too.  Sounds like you have a lot of opportunities there, jsut have to see which ones would be of most interests to you.  Best o' luck!  

PremixBelle

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Active
  • 30 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Swimming, Running, Biking, Yoga, Football, Cooking, Traveling, Aquariums, Scrapbooking, People Watching, DIY, Reading, and Career Advance Courses.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:09 AM

Agree with, Jus'me!

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users