Ruhama

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 49 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

• Lesotho
    Lesotho
  • Interests:I love God, I like Food Safety and Quality, I like watching Tyler Perry's Movies. Auditing and customers visits interests me a lot.

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

Dear All

I deal with Raw Frozen Trout Fish, so I have to design a contract that I will offer to our transporters. We are hiring other people's trucks so I need your help as to what I should include as my expectations from the side of the transporter.

This transportations include the containers we use for delivering our Fish to Japan.

Regards

Ruhama

Regards

Ruhama Thooko

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Highlands Trout (Pty) Ltd

Jehova Jire

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:41 PM

Well the major things I can think of you are going to want in it is the length of time the product is allowed to be in transportation, the proper temperature of the product while being transported, they should have some kind of monitoring system that allows them to know how cold the temperature in the container is, and a system to notify you should the product get out of proper temperature specification.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:01 PM

Dear Ruhama,

Not exactly a small size question. :smile:

All the previous points are relevant. And a host of others, eg physical condition of the container.

I suggest you Include Insurance. Get some answers/exceptions for free. These guys have usually seen it all. :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Ruhama

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 49 posts
  • 9 thanks
Neutral

• Lesotho
    Lesotho
  • Interests:I love God, I like Food Safety and Quality, I like watching Tyler Perry's Movies. Auditing and customers visits interests me a lot.

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:52 AM

Thanks a lot, I also thought of trying to find out what else does this container deliver.

Thanks for your input.

Regards

Ruhama

Regards

Ruhama Thooko

Quality Assurance Coordinator

Highlands Trout (Pty) Ltd

Jehova Jire

Claudia_QP

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 89 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• Paraguay
    Paraguay
  • Interests:FSMS, QMS, Food technology

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

Also in some countries legislation establishes a special permission to transport food of animal origin.

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

Yes it's important to know if they deliver something that may adulterate the food physically, chemically, smell, etc.

Insurance is huge because you don't want to get stuck with lost/ruined product and no recourse.

The other ideas are great.  Think to yourself "What could happen" and "do we need to ask them about that"... Look at what has happened to yourself or others in the past for historical data.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users