• IFSQN Associate
  • 18 posts
  • 5 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:33 PM

Hi all,

Few month ago I took over QA manager position in food processing place. We process fresh fruits and vegetables. My predecessor has done a great job prearranging organization for SQF audit and passing with score 97 in March 2013. I am making ready everything for SQF re-certification audit that is coming up soon. The clause 2.4.1 makes me confused. We don't have any procedure in place that demonstrates the way we get informed of applicable legislation or any changes to that legislation. SQF says that it is mandatory to have that however we passed the last audit without any non-conformance regarding that part. Please share your expertise, examples and clarifications.

Many thanks,

Ostap

Thanked by 1 Member:

Marshenko

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 285 posts
  • 108 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

We utilize our weekly meetings with the USDA in conjunction with receiving emails regarding any new USDA Directives, Notices, and other legislative information via their automatic email feed in order to satisty that clause.

esquef

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 374 posts
  • 235 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:04 PM

Subscribe to industyr relavent food safety periodicals, and also sign up for USDA and FDA recall alerts:

https://www.envoypro...om/USDA-ALERTS/

http://www.fda.gov/a...tes/default.htm

Then just write in your policy doc how you get info on regulatory info (FSMA is a good topic to track as well as recalls and withdrawals), create a folder in you email box so you have evidence that you actually get the emails. Also include who has responsibility for receiving the information and include this in the doc. I'd also recommend that you state that if your company is notified of a regulatory infraction that your CB and the SQFI be notified within 24 hours.

Thanked by 5 Members:

Loni Banaszak

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 81 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Animals, Garage Sales, Tea Cups, Antiques and Disney

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:26 PM

Does anyone have a sample of what a documented procedure for the methods and responsibilities of an organization keeping informed  of changes to relevant legislation etc.... Thanks in advance!

I am new to SQF and am trying to prepare our company for certification

Thanks,

Loni

ChocoTiger

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 74 posts
  • 54 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:01 PM

This is the format I used for our SQF Level 2 audit.  Our auditor required more specifics, hence the greater detail.

Attached Files

Loni Banaszak

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 81 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Animals, Garage Sales, Tea Cups, Antiques and Disney

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:04 PM

This is the format I used for our SQF Level 2 audit.  Our auditor required more specifics, hence the greater detail.

Thank you so much, I have been banging my head against the wall for a month trying to figure out what would be "acceptable" for our auditor!

Thanks,

Loni

ChocoTiger

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 74 posts
  • 54 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:12 PM

I hear ya, Loni_Plastic Jars.  This was a back-and-forth with our auditor...so I was doing some head banging of my own.  I'm glad you can use it.  Holler if you have any questions.

Samuel Arias

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Mexico
    Mexico

Posted 05 January 2022 - 06:36 PM

Hi all

Thank you very much for your contributions, they helped me a lot. But in my case it is different, we are a food packaging warehouse which we distribute to different countries such as the USA, Canada, South Africa and Latin America, I am trying to solve this point but I am still not satisfied, I do not know how to update ourselves on safety food in Latin American and South African countries

juanolea1

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 46 posts
  • 18 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 January 2022 - 10:02 PM

Samuel,

Check Governmental websites on a regular basis of the country you are distributing to? country specific food journals? Codex Alimentarius ? FDA website? Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)? Cofepris? ANMAT?

Thanked by 1 Member:

Lricohernandez

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 09 September 2022 - 10:51 PM

Does anyone have an example of Food Legislative procedure? I am new to the SQF and trying to understand the codes. Thank you

Scotty_SQF

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 377 posts
  • 90 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:hiking, gravel biking, exploring the great outdoors

Posted 12 September 2022 - 01:41 PM

Procedure is simple, just document how you are staying up to date.  For example the Quality Manager receives monthly updates from the FDA through email of alerts, recalls and updates to the CFR and/or FSMA.  I would utilize more than one source to stay updated.  I also threw in ours that SQFI and Certifying body will be notified within 24 hours if a regulatory waring or event occurs.  Always helps to have that statement in places. 

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users