Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:11 AM

Whilst looking at the new Home page, I saw the product recall and withdrawal tabs.

I must admit, I don't envy you in the USA. Here in the UK, everything (theoretically) goes through the FSA, but it appears that in USA you have at least 4 different agencies reporting on withdrawals and recalls (CDC, USDA, FDA, CFIA) .

How on earth do you keep up with it all? Am I missing the bigger picture?

I already subscribe to the FSA alert system, and I monitor the RASFF portal (European notifications) and I'm always horizon sweeping other countries recalls etc so that I can build up an historic picture for my HACCP justifications. Looks like I might spend longer on the internet that even I anticipated! Newsgirl does a cracking job too!!

Caz x

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:44 AM

Whilst looking at the new Home page, I saw the product recall and withdrawal tabs.

I must admit, I don't envy you in the USA. Here in the UK, everything (theoretically) goes through the FSA, but it appears that in USA you have at least 4 different agencies reporting on withdrawals and recalls (CDC, USDA, FDA, CFIA) .

How on earth do you keep up with it all? Am I missing the bigger picture?

I already subscribe to the FSA alert system, and I monitor the RASFF portal (European notifications) and I'm always horizon sweeping other countries recalls etc so that I can build up an historic picture for my HACCP justifications. Looks like I might spend longer on the internet that even I anticipated! Newsgirl does a cracking job too!!

Caz x

Mostly I spend my mornings sitting in the shower with a cup of coffee crying.

CDC has a newsletter but it's mostly useless, tbh I don't entirely know what CFIA does, and the FDA has a giant all in one newsletter

http://www.fda.gov/A.../ucm2005606.htm

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:09 PM

You cry with your coffee in the shower?  I cry with my coffee at the table so it doesn't get watered down and then I take my shower to wash away the dirty feelings of hating the bad people in food manufacturing. 

I like strong coffee.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users