• IFSQN Member
  • 138 posts
  • 44 thanks
Good

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:22 AM

Hi all.

Can anyone help with what questions we need to ask when an employee is off sick and returns to work that meets the BRC Standard?

Do fellow IFSQN members carry out return to work interviews as a matter of course? Is it after so many days or what? Are the employees allowed to start work in their normal jobs before a manager/supervisor carries out the interviews?

What sort of diseases are reportable to employers?

So many questions.....................

Any help would be most appreciated.

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,596 posts
  • 369 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:52 PM

I am afraid I can only offer my US perspective and only in relation to SQF.  We have this wording in our GMPs that each new hire, temp worker and contractor sign off on.  The US privacy laws prevent us from asking too much more.

"No employee who is infected with, has been exposed to, or is a carrier of a communicable disease; or who has boils, open sores, infected wounds, or other potential sources of microbiological contamination shall work in any area in which there is a reasonable possibility that food or food ingredients can be contaminated and transmit disease from such employee to other individuals.  A physician shall make the final decision in all questionable circumstances. Employee must make employer aware of if they or a household family member has been diagnosed with a food borne illness."

-Setanta         

mica

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 31 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My Horses and dogs, looking after my chickens.
    Love walking, swimming and cycling.
    Enjoy Sudoku, reading, music and cooking especially cakes for my family.
    Love learning new skills and attaining new qualifications.

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:04 PM

Hi

We use this form for our employees, we are BRC grade A.

Hope these help.

Mica 35

Name of Company

This form is to be used in conjunction with absences due to sickness lasting less than eight days.  Please note that if a sickness exceeds 7 calendar days a Medical Statement from your doctor must be submitted.

Name ………………………………………………………………………………………

Job title/department: ………………………………………………………………………

Line Manager………………………………………………………………………………

Period of incapacity: state the first day on which you felt incapable of work regardless of whether it would have been a rest day, public holiday or other day you would not normally work.

To: (date)…… ………………………………

Number of days off work:……………………

Nature of Incapacity: State the name of your illness if you know it, or describe the incapacitating symptoms

……………………………………………………………………………………………………

Any Gastro related illnesses (including diarrhoea or vomiting) require a mandatory minimum 48hour quarantine period with no contact with food product. Alternative work may need to be found away from a food production area.

Describe any treatment or medicine you took to help you recover (including any visits to your G.P or hospital)

……………………………………………………………………………………………………..

I certify that I, the above named employee have been absent from work for the period stated due to the incapacity indicated.  To the best of my knowledge and belief these facts are correct.  I understand that further enquiries may be made at the discretion of the management.

Employee’s Signature:…………………………………………………. ……  Date………………

Line Manager’s Signature: ………………………………………………….    Date:…………...…

AGRI2014

15/03/14

Authorised By:

Edited by mica, 16 July 2014 - 02:11 PM.

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:26 PM

I capture data from people who have travelled abroad too, as the BRC 7.3.1 takes into account in contact with as well as suffering from

I also subscribe to NOIDS, who send out a weekly notification of notifiable diseases.

Caz x

Employee's Name:                                                                          Date:_________________                   

Job Title / Department: _______________________________________________________                                                                                                     

Please complete sections 1and 3 if you have been absent due to illness

Section 1

Period of Incapacity: state the first day of which you felt incapable of work regardless of whether it would have been a rest day, public holiday or other day you would not normally work.

From:                                                                                                      Time:____________                                                   

To:                                                                                                          Time:____________                     

If you attended work on the first day of illness, please indicate leaving time               am/pm

Number of days off work:                            

Please complete section 2 if you have travelled outside of the EU

Section 2

Country Travelled to: State the country that you have travelled to:

If you have travelled to a Red Country please inform Technical Manager / Production Manager

Red countries include: Africa, India, Asia, Central & South America

TM / PM comments:

Section 3

Nature of Incapacity: state the name of your illness if you know it, or describe the incapacitating symptoms:

If you had any sickness or diarrhea please indicate the day and time of the last incidence:

(you must not handle food until at least 48 hours after the last incidence)                                                                                                                        

Describe any treatment or medicine you took to help you recover (including whether or not you visited your G.P., hospital, or consulted any other medical / paramedical person).

I certify that I, the above named employee, have been absent from work for the period stated, due to the incapacity indicated. To the best of my knowledge and belief, these facts are correct. I understand that further enquiries may be made at the discretion of the management, only after consultation with myself.

Employees Signature:____                                                                      Date: _____________                            

Supervisors Assessment:           Return to work immediately:     YES / NO

Comments:__________________________________________________________________                                                                                                                         

Supervisors Signature:____                                                                     Date:______________                            

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:27 AM

Dear Rosemary,

I wouldn't know about specifically packaging but the standard UK food response has been requested several times here, can see  -

http://www.food.gov....odhandlersguide

(expanded medical analyses for UK also exist and have been linked on the forum, from memory)

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users