• 25 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• South Africa
    South Africa

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:45 AM

Hi All,

I have just had my stage 1 FSSC audit & the following was a non-conformance:

Clause 4.2.2f - Procedure on document control doe not define the controls to ensure that relevant documents of external origin is identified and their distribution controlled. 

I was thinking off having a register of all external documents i.e. standards, regulations, pest control, chemical MSDS, customer specifications etc. and stating that they are stored in the office & server (password protected) use of them is restricted to authorized personnel.

Will this be sufficient to meet the requirements the standard? Is there any other ideas / ways in which i can clear out this non-conformance? Your ideas & examples will be greatly appreciated. 

Kind Regards,

Ashnee 

michaelgaspard

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 35 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• Mauritius
    Mauritius

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:41 PM

I think you need to have apart of the register for the docs, you need to have book with columns, date delivered /name of docs delivered/ name of receiver/purpose/  signature of receiver and remarks.

kind regards,

Michael G

tsmith7858

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 262 posts
  • 52 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:21 PM

I had the same finding a couple audits ago and yes, a registry noting the external documents is suitable and as Michael indicated make sure you have all the details (who, what, wehre, when).

If you have computer access to any of the documents you can also reference the availability online.  I reference all regulatory standards back to the regulartory website so that I don't have to update when they do.  This can also work if you have access to a customer standard/specification web site.

virgo08

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 14 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:12 AM

For the electronic copy it is sufficient.  However, for the hard copies of the external document, you need to add policies on controlling them to ensure they are properly identified and the distribution is controlled.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 23 January 2015 - 05:43 PM

For the electronic copy it is sufficient.  However, for the hard copies of the external document, you need to add policies on controlling them to ensure they are properly identified and the distribution is controlled.

Dear virgo,

Thks for the input.

The "identified" convolution sounds alarmingly old-style ISO. But then i guess 22000 is 10 years old without an update in sight (other than via 22004). And counting. :smile:

Rgds / Charles.C

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users