Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 54 posts
  • 5 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 10 October 2014 - 08:09 PM

We produce a couple kosher-certified products and in looking into level 3 SQF next year I'm going through 2.8.1. One of the questions I have is do we need to put the kosher id on the external label of a shipping box? The product's primary and secondary packaging are marked and this is what is sent to customers. The actual shipping carton from us to the distributor is not. Easy enough to fix, just want to know if we need to before I do and change all our guidelines to reflect the change. Also for storing kosher ingredients, do we need to treat this as if all other products are an allergen? Nothing stored above it that isn't kosher, etc. We all ready have our sanitation and such in place. These are the only 2 areas I think we need to work on. And any clarity on 2.8.1.2. Statement of the product's identity preserved status. Kosher-cert? Thanks!

RG3

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 501 posts
  • 169 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them" Albert Einstein

Posted 10 October 2014 - 08:21 PM

Not necessary on the master case. Only on the individual unit.

Treat as an allergen in your process not in your storage.

Have a check list of all ingredients it takes to make your Kosher product and make sure you have updated Kosher certs for each one. Make sure its the right type of Kosher cert relevant to the organization, as we know there are more than one i.e. OU, Kof-K, OK, and Star-K

RMAV

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 407 posts
  • 122 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:QA, Micro, Sanitation;
    Meats, Juice, Condiments;
    SQF, Audit, and aviation

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:38 PM

"And any clarity on 2.8.1.2. Statement of the product's identity preserved status. Kosher-cert? Thanks!"

I'm not an expert on Level 3 (or 2 yet for that matter), but I would say you need the actual kosher cert.  I find many specs from mfg that simply state the item is "kosher."  Keep in mind, not every koshering agency accepts every kosher agency's label.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users