Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 18 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:10 PM

Does anyone have any good resources, case studies, academic articals relating to the effects of Lean Manufacturing concepts on BRC accreditation and overall Quality Management

I'm looking to pitch a lean manufacturing program and I've compiled some good data, but I want to make my pitch as robust as possible. We are working towards our BRC certification and

I'd like to find a way to make that apart of the presentation as well.

RG3

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 501 posts
  • 169 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them" Albert Einstein

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:27 PM

Found this to be interesting:

QCD (Quality, Cost and Delivery)

Your customer satisfaction comes down to just three main areas, normally Quality, Cost and Delivery (QCD). However which is the most important to your customer may depend on the product or service that you are delivering. Someone looking for a new sound system may put Quality first, while the consumer that needs a new Sofa may want it tomorrow rather than having to wait 5 weeks. Of course the person looking for a “consumable” rewritable DVD for their computer may only be motivated by the cost.

Understanding your customers needs is vital in being able to keep them fully satisfied and everything you do in the way of services that provide and products should be geared to meeting those needs. This means giving them the best quality, the right delivery time (which is not always immediate) and the right price.

Lean is very much about providing Quality; tools such as Poka Yoke and Kaizen are very much focused on ensuring that service and product quality are perfect.

Lean is also about Delivery; Just in Time is about providing flow using kanban systems to ensure that the customer gets what they want when they want it. We use standardized working through 5S and keep our machines reliable through TPM to help achieve this.

Lean is also about Cost; we reduce our costs by removing all non-value adding steps – but this is the result of implementing lean not the focus of lean. Lean is not “Just” a cost cutting machine to help improve profits without any thought of the customer!

http://leanmanufactu...g-definition-2/

What kind of Lean program are you shooting for, Invensys's Wonderware Performance software?

Mike Green

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 355 posts
  • 75 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Food(cooking & eating!) Gym, Sun, Sea,Surf,

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:33 PM

Does anyone have any good resources, case studies, academic articals relating to the effects of Lean Manufacturing concepts on BRC accreditation and overall Quality Management

I'm looking to pitch a lean manufacturing program and I've compiled some good data, but I want to make my pitch as robust as possible. We are working towards our BRC certification and

I'd like to find a way to make that apart of the presentation as well.

Not sure if the attached are any use ? (if not maybe some of the references will point you in the right direction?)

Mike

Attached Files

Edited by Mike Green, 15 October 2014 - 07:52 PM.

I may sound like a complete idiot...but actually there are a couple of bits missing

Thanked by 1 Member:

Git-R-Done

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 18 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:10 PM

Thanks for the insight, I'd also like to add Operational Excellence to the mix of adaptions. Go big or go home! lol

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users