• Quick Navigation
Photo

How often do you visit the IFSQN website?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Poll: How often do you visit the IFSQN website? (197 member(s) have cast votes)

How often do you visit the IFSQN website?

1. Every day (56 votes [28.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.43%

2. Voted Very regularly (96 votes [48.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.73%

3. About once a month (28 votes [14.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.21%

4. A few times a year (4 votes [2.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.03%

5. Very rarely (3 votes [1.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.52%

6. Just when I have a question (4 votes [2.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.03%

7. It’s my first visit (6 votes [3.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote
- - - - -

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:10 PM

For this month's poll we wanted to find out how often you visit the IFSQN website…and importantly why you do or don’t visit us so often.

This insight will help us to shape the future direction of the website making sure we continue to do the things you like and perhaps identify some areas for improvement.

So please vote and add your comments below.

Thank-you.

Get FREE bitesize education with IFSQN webinar recordings.

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.
https://www.ifsqn.com/fsf/Free%20Food%20Safety%20Videos.xlsx

Check out IFSQN’s extensive library of FREE food safety videos
https://www.ifsqn.com/food_safety_videos.html

RG3

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 501 posts
  • 169 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them" Albert Einstein

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:16 PM

Every day of the week

Quality Ben

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 85 posts
  • 16 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Food Safety, Quality, Laboratory, Technical Issues, Water Activity and Migration, VITAL, Allergens, Fresh Produce, Post Harvest, Cold Smoked Fish, Non Pasteurised Caviar, Cook/Chill, Listeria Hunting & Eradication/Environmental monitoring programs, Small-Goods, HACCP, Continuous Improvement, Problem Solving, Risk Mitigation, Listeria.spp., High Risk, Chemistry, Cleaning and Sanitation, Biosecurity, Consultancy, Training, Process Control

Food Safety = Science + Culture

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:18 AM

Whenever I have a quality issue that I want to research, get a second opinion on or just verify.

So pretty often! :)

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Married to Michelle, Father of three boys (Oliver, Jacob and Louis). I enjoy cycling, walking and travelling, watching sport, especially football and Manchester United. Oh and I love food and beer and wine.

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:55 AM

Thanks guy's...don't forget to add a comment as well as voting. :thumbup:

Download this handy excel for desktop access to over 180 Food Safety Friday's webinar recordings.

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 03 November 2014 - 03:13 PM

I put Very Regularly because I'm not on here on the weekends.  Every work day I'm on here though.

This is mainly because I have no idea what my password is but it's saved in my work computer.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,610 posts
  • 371 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:06 PM

I went ahead and put everyday, because I have checked in on the weekends. This site is one of the first 'places' I go when I fire up the work computer and I check back often during the day.

-Setanta         

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:14 PM

I visit quite often when I'm looking for a "sanity check" - as in, well I know people do it *this way*, but my teeny tiny factory has never seen that before, does it work for you guys?

Check it work days as part of my "staying informed about updates in QA" requirements, weekends/holidays only if something is really bothering me.   Balance the fine line between "Help I'm having a crisis" and "Giving all of our information up to the interwebz"

Really it's just nice to have other people who understand what QA even *is* - I'm flying solo and it can be quite isolating.  This website is a nice reprieve from the world of non conformances that lie outside of my office....ugh, somethings leaking out there, I can feel it....

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:36 PM

It would be unusual for me to check on the weekend, but during the week it is my "mind candy".  I learn about others challenges, can help others with theirs.  I look forward to Magenta's rants, Mr. I's craziness and a day without Caz or Charles is like a day without sunshine.  Then there is Setanta and Mike Green......well you get the idea. 

Like MM this sight gives me a bit of sanity in world of QA chaos and I don't feel quite so alone in my tiny plant.  It is a place to keep up, learn, commiserate, laugh, in short its QA nirvana. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Thanked by 1 Member:

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:37 PM

I'm with Magenta; it's a sanity check, and it helps me realise that I'm not the only one dealing with numpties!

I record that I visit; It forms part of a number of procedural evidence for me from CPD to horizon sweeping for latest food scares, issues etc

And I love the camaraderie that's here; I believe I've made new friends

Caz x

AntonellaTromba

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 19 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:08 PM

I am going to visit this forum more, as I voted for once a month  :smile:

Anyway, I think it would be a little weird to get feedbacks also from members who normally do not attend the website regularly. In fact, I can see no responses for those member sections so far.

RG3

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 501 posts
  • 169 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them" Albert Einstein

Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:29 PM

Antonella,

Without getting all philosophical, it all begins with one post. :welcome: . I have seen many 1 hit wonders that out of nowhere post something fantastic and never see them again. Hope that won't be you. 

Thanked by 1 Member:

Mike Green

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 355 posts
  • 75 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:Food(cooking & eating!) Gym, Sun, Sea,Surf,

Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:42 PM

At the moment it is very often(!) -depends on what else I have to do

Why do I visit????  hmmmmmm....in no particular order...

to laugh...to find out what's new...to be made to think.....to hear others views......to learn.....to help when I can......to laugh(have I mentioned that already?).......but definitely not to network and seek new business....for me this is strictly for me not for work!

Mike

I may sound like a complete idiot...but actually there are a couple of bits missing

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:45 PM

It would be unusual for me to check on the weekend, but during the week it is my "mind candy".  I learn about others challenges, can help others with theirs.  I look forward to Magenta's rants, Mr. I's craziness and a day without Caz or Charles is like a day without sunshine.  Then there is Setanta and Mike Green......well you get the idea. 

Like MM this sight gives me a bit of sanity in world of QA chaos and I don't feel quite so alone in my tiny plant.  It is a place to keep up, learn, commiserate, laugh, in short its QA nirvana. 

:happydance:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:20 PM

I am going to visit this forum more, as I voted for once a month  :smile:

Anyway, I think it would be a little weird to get feedbacks also from members who normally do not attend the website regularly. In fact, I can see no responses for those member sections so far.

:welcome:  :welcome:

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Thanked by 1 Member:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:54 AM

It’s a fair point Antonella, the survey was always going to be skewed towards the regulars as the irregulars don’t visit as often and are unlikely to see the poll.  It was just to get a flavour and partially to stimulate feedback on what is good and not so good about the site that if changed would perhaps lead to more frequent visits. 

Maybe you don’t like “polls”? :smile: or some other aspect of the website, forum or newsletters etc.  Maybe you really do like a feature and would like to see much more of it.

One comment that did take me aback was Snookie’s:

I look forward to Magenta's rants, Mr. I's craziness and a day without Caz or Charles is like a day without sunshine.  Then there is Setanta and Mike Green......well you get the idea.

This comment made me a little sad at first.  It made me realize that although I’m on the forums every day (including weekends) I am very much now in the bowels of the engine room.  As you can see from my profile I’ve been here from the VERY start and have made a lot of posts.  In the old days I started and joined many discussions on work and non-work / fun stuff...I enjoyed it.  These days I’m so consumed with weeding the garden I don’t have much time at all.  The fact is I put all my effort into making it and I don’t get to use it; I miss the fun. :crybaby:

BUT!  On the other hand I feel good that, so many of you find it useful and a sort of second home...and I just want to keep improving it for you all. :smile:

Thanked by 2 Members:

kitleen

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 21 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Malaysia
    Malaysia

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:20 AM

Pretty often but not everyday. i have the forum pinned to my chrome tab so its always accessible.

Thanked by 1 Member:

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:00 PM

Don't take it too rough, Simon, we all think of you as such a staple of the website that calling you out specifically would be redundant! Without Simon, there is no IFSQN.    Community is for sure the #1 draw of the site - answers from many countries, answers at any time of the day, filling the void of my soul, etc. 

Some brutal feed back -

Files - I love this idea, but every time I visit the files section, it feels anemic.  I almost always end up searching the forums on a quest to dig through and find examples of the files I want. Not sure how you could encourage us to use it more though.  Maybe auto add files people post to the forums to the files section?  Maybe a search that lets you pick out forum posts with file attachments?

Stickies - I would love love love the idea of stickies - it's very common to see someone new ask a question that has been asked a lot before, and Charles will muck through a few hundred forum posts and link to the gems.  It's be great to have metal detector, HACCP basics, Risk assessment how tos, CCP vs PRP, micro limits, etc in a sticky thread at the top of the topic - that way we don't have to wait for Charles to link :)   Sometimes the words are so common searching the site is impossible.

Noob Guide - Also maybe something more apparent for noobs when they first  visit - we almost always need to know standard, prodct, location, and sometimes more about the process.  You can't post files at first, which is confusing.  Maybe the error message can say something like "You can't post files yet, but you'll be able to in 5 posts" or whatever.  I didn't know the "More Reply Options" button existed for a really long time (This probably exists, but maybe make it more prominent?  I'll link to it in the welcome posts)

Pictures - What do you mean, that file extension is not allowed on this community?  I *need* hilarious memes and click bait.

Blogs - as mentioned above...what are these? How are these different than posts in the forum? I see Tony C's sometimes, but never any others.  Do they have different features or functions?

Reputation and Thanks fight each other - I vote for one upvote system instead of two

Diet craze based standards that have no bearing on food safety missing - Where's my forum section for Paleo Friendly certification?  Gluten Free certification?  Vegan certification?  Atkins Approved certification ?  (Ed note: I felt like this post had to include a joke complaint)

Edited by magenta_majors, 04 November 2014 - 12:21 PM.

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

Thanked by 6 Members:

AntonellaTromba

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 19 posts
  • 4 thanks
Neutral

• Italy
    Italy

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:24 PM

It’s a fair point Antonella, the survey was always going to be skewed towards the regulars as the irregulars don’t visit as often and are unlikely to see the poll.  It was just to get a flavour and partially to stimulate feedback on what is good and not so good about the site that if changed would perhaps lead to more frequent visits. 

Maybe you don’t like “polls”? :smile: or some other aspect of the website, forum or newsletters etc.  Maybe you really do like a feature and would like to see much more of it.

This comment made me a little sad at first.  It made me realize that although I’m on the forums every day (including weekends) I am very much now in the bowels of the engine room.  As you can see from my profile I’ve been here from the VERY start and have made a lot of posts.  In the old days I started and joined many discussions on work and non-work / fun stuff...I enjoyed it.  These days I’m so consumed with weeding the garden I don’t have much time at all.  The fact is I put all my effort into making it and I don’t get to use it; I miss the fun. :crybaby:

BUT!  On the other hand I feel good that, so many of you find it useful and a sort of second home...and I just want to keep improving it for you all. :smile:

Dear Simon,

thanks for your message :-)

I have to get that "feel" before giving out any rooms for improvement for the website.

With regard to your efforts as a manager of this space, I would not be so harsh with my self, were I in your shoes. I had very few occasions to attend the website and surely you are member #1 really helpful and present in the forum and for assistance to the newbies.

Good luck with your garden weeding :-)

Thanked by 1 Member:

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:25 PM

Yesterday afternoon I realized that I did not mention you our unsung hero who makes it all work.  I was going to come back and fix that but the day got away from me.  I am so sorry that I failed to mention you...who makes it all work.    Thank you Simon....and I am so sorry not to have included you.  :oops2: As Magenta said, it would not be IFSQN without you.  

Edited by Snookie, 04 November 2014 - 05:28 PM.

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Thanked by 1 Member:

cmarchand

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 12 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:16 PM

Not as often as I should, because there is a lot of very interesting information.
I am going to blame it on my SQF certification implementation.... Now that it's done, I will make a point to check on more often :)
That will certainly help me improve my systems!
Thank you for great support, every time I went on (even not too often...), somebody had good insight to provide.

Thanked by 1 Member:

primadeli

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 22 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• New Zealand
    New Zealand

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:24 PM

I visit when I have a specific quality question - I can usually find someone has already talked about it or I can ask a particular question that wasn't quite covered in another topic.

I also visit as a result of the weekly emails. I look through the summary of new topics and click on ones that either sound interesting or might be relevant to me.

And I loved the thread with typos and bloopers from auditors reports!  <Quickly re-reads message to make sure every word is spelt correctly :blink: >

Thanked by 1 Member:

Simon

IFSQN...it's My Life

• IFSQN Admin
  • 12,835 posts
  • 1363 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:25 PM

Thanks for your feedback and apologies for the delay in responding; just to let you know I have read your comments and questions and I am thinking about them between working and I will revert in due course. :smile:

Thanked by 1 Member:
RG3

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:My Dogs (Beagles),Gardening, SciFi, Video Games (WoW, D3, HoS, PvZ), Classical Music, Legal Stuff, Science Stuff. I'm a Geeky Nerd.

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:42 PM

I don't always check into IFSQN, but when I do, I get awesome information.

Now that that's done, I don't check in every day, it depends on how busy I am and how many "fires" I am putting out.

Martha

"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing:  the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."  Viktor E. Frankl

"Life's like a movie, write your own ending."  The Muppets

RG3

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 501 posts
  • 169 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:46 PM

Funny thing is...I didn't know a "File" section existed until Magenta had mentioned it. I like the content that is in it, and it would be a good idea if some document was uploaded somehow it would be threaded into the "File" section.

Maybe "Thanks" should be worth something like 1/2 a point??? I know I'm new and I'm trying to work my way up to get some sort of credibility, because like AntonellaTromba said, when you're new who's going to pay attention?

Kitleen I think I one up'd you when I say I have IFSQN as my homepage now. I like to start my day on here, it's better than coffee. :beam:

paulpaine

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 14 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:52 PM

Although I do not see a lot of information/discussions for the non-contact packaging industry I do find a great deal of information that I can adapt to our particular situation.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users