• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:41 AM

tuesday4.png

Now don't you feel more relaxed and ready to take on the day........And for those who are not cat lovers I submit the following;

smiling-dog-2.jpg

Edited by Snookie, 18 November 2014 - 08:46 PM.

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:03 PM

The dog didn't come through...

that being said Tuesday sucks with this winter polar vortex lake effect snow pounding us into oblivion...

Just sayin.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:24 PM

The dog didn't come through...

that being said Tuesday sucks with this winter polar vortex lake effect snow pounding us into oblivion...

Just sayin.

Wow that's strange as I can see the dog on the post.   Strange.

Was 28 degrees when I was leaving for work this morning which was really, really cold here on the west coast.  Thank goodness it will be at least in the 60's which is again pretty cold for us this time of year.  Am glad not to be in the mid-west or east cold.....couldn't take that much cold.  It may be brutal here in the summer but I'll the heat over the freezing. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:39 PM

Wow that's strange as I can see the dog on the post.   Strange.

Was 28 degrees when I was leaving for work this morning which was really, really cold here on the west coast.  Thank goodness it will be at least in the 60's which is again pretty cold for us this time of year.  Am glad not to be in the mid-west or east cold.....couldn't take that much cold.  It may be brutal here in the summer but I'll the heat over the freezing. 

Yeah I'd rather move back to Southern VA near Norfolk... a month and a half of winter and the rest of the time there's the beach!!! :rock:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:42 PM

I love the desert, we have a couple of months of cold, a couple months of heat and the rest of the year is gorgeous.  The beach is a few hours away, but that's okay. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,611 posts
  • 371 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:09 PM

I see no dog either. We got hit hard by snow last week, now is it 15F+. Damn that Alaskan storm for throwing us into a January weather pattern in November.

-Setanta         

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:12 PM

There's a dog????

There's snow?????

All we seem to have is bloody rain!!!!

Caz x

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:15 PM

Yep there is a smiling dog.....big picture.    Did you scroll all the way down?  Dang.... let me try and edit it. 

Edited by Snookie, 18 November 2014 - 05:15 PM.

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:19 PM

There's a dog????

There's snow?????

All we seem to have is bloody rain!!!!

Caz x

Yep there is supposed to be a smiling dog on my post, which I can see but apparently no one else can....Damn technology..

The Midwest and east coast is getting slammed with snow. 

I feel for you.  I love rain....but I can only take so much myself.  I love sunshine and the way the desert smells after a rain.  So fresh, clean and fragrant. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:My Dogs (Beagles),Gardening, SciFi, Video Games (WoW, D3, HoS, PvZ), Classical Music, Legal Stuff, Science Stuff. I'm a Geeky Nerd.

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:26 PM

It's 32 degrees F here, with 25 mph winds, and a wind chill of 19 degrees F.  We had a power outage this morning at my house and most of the area, so no heat, no water, from 5:00 until 7:30 am.  I was under 3 blankets for the duration.  My dog stayed curled up in his bed too.

And it's only November.

"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing:  the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."  Viktor E. Frankl

"Life's like a movie, write your own ending."  The Muppets

it_rains_inside

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 341 posts
  • 99 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:34 PM

Hey Caz, There is most definitely snow. The attached picture I took two days ago.

Which I have to add is comical - because I was in Boston last week and it wasnt even this cold there.  :yeahrite:

Attached Files

Edited by it_rains_inside, 18 November 2014 - 06:37 PM.

"Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be"

-Wayne W. Dyer

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:36 PM

It's 20° F here and 0° with the wind chill. 

I drove into work at 20MPH until I hit the highway then I was able to go ~50MPH on average.

I hate winter.

Mr. Incognito

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:My Dogs (Beagles),Gardening, SciFi, Video Games (WoW, D3, HoS, PvZ), Classical Music, Legal Stuff, Science Stuff. I'm a Geeky Nerd.

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:43 PM

It's 20° F here and 0° with the wind chill. 

I drove into work at 20MPH until I hit the highway then I was able to go ~50MPH on average.

I hate winter.

Sooo you hate winter, you were originally from the Norfolk VA area, and you moved to the land of 2 seasons, July 4th and winter. 

Just checking...    :uhm:   :biggrin:

Martha

"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing:  the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."  Viktor E. Frankl

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:46 PM

Sooo you hate winter, you were originally from the Norfolk VA area, and you moved to the land of 2 seasons, July 4th and winter. 

Just checking...    :uhm:   :biggrin:

Martha

no no no no no....

I was born and raised in Western NY.  I lived in Virginia for ~5 years while in the Navy (1 1/2 years in Dahlgren Virginia for my 3rd Navy school and the rest in Norfolk).  I have lived in PA for 2 years when I worked at a DVD plant... but other than those ~7 years (+2 for boot camp and my first 2 schools so 9) the rest I've spent in the frozen tundra of Western NY.

Mr. Incognito

it_rains_inside

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 341 posts
  • 99 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:49 PM

I hate winter.

I second that motion.

"Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be"

-Wayne W. Dyer

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:50 PM

no no no no no....

I was born and raised in Western NY.  I lived in Virginia for ~5 years while in the Navy (1 1/2 years in Dahlgren Virginia for my 3rd Navy school and the rest in Norfolk).  I have lived in PA for 2 years when I worked at a DVD plant... but other than those ~7 years (+2 for boot camp and my first 2 schools so 9) the rest I've spent in the frozen tundra of Western NY.

:thumbup:

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:51 PM

I second that motion.

Anybody that hasn't had a tree nearly fall onto their car while they were driving in winter is allowed to tell me how much they like it... If they do I just ignore them.  I literally had a giant tree fall just 1/2 foot short of hitting my drivers side door when I lived in PA driving home... it was the 3rd worst winter storm I ever drove through that I can remember.

Mr. Incognito

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:01 PM

My father used to say that Maryland was the best place to live.  We have 4 seasons, but there are no extremes.  He used to say that we don't get earthquakes and tornadoes, but that has changed.  We don't get major earthquakes and tornadoes.  The hurricanes either bypass us (Maryland is at the "waist" of the country, so we set back further West than other states) or they are less intense than other places.  We have mountains, farmlands, the Chesapeake Bay, and the ocean, all fairly easy to reach.  We're rich in history, but have some cutting edge technology going on here.

My sister moved to FL, then moved back.  It's a great place to live, even with some cold and snow at times.

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:05 PM

I loved living in Virginia and some day I'll live somewhere between southern Maryland and Northern North Carolina.  I want to live near the coastline so that beaches are available and a bit further south (at least further south than NY) so the winters aren't so bad.

Mr. Incognito

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:25 PM

All of the above reasons are why I love living in the desert.  I live close to go to the beaches or the mountains for snow, but other than it can occasionally get fairly cold and will get freaking hot for a couple of months, it gorgeous most of the year.  Miserable to garden in and takes a lot of work, still lots of sunshine  and clear days to go hiking or rock hunting. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:26 PM

Can anyone see the dog now?

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:32 PM

Not yet.  I think that the cat scared him away.  :eek_yello:

Martha

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,611 posts
  • 371 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:36 PM

Not even if I click on the image.

-Setanta         

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:03 PM

My father used to say that Maryland was the best place to live.  We have 4 seasons, but there are no extremes.  He used to say that we don't get earthquakes and tornadoes, but that has changed.  We don't get major earthquakes and tornadoes.  The hurricanes either bypass us (Maryland is at the "waist" of the country, so we set back further West than other states) or they are less intense than other places.  We have mountains, farmlands, the Chesapeake Bay, and the ocean, all fairly easy to reach.  We're rich in history, but have some cutting edge technology going on here.

My sister moved to FL, then moved back.  It's a great place to live, even with some cold and snow at times.

I had a lot of fun living in Baltimore; weather was not part of that.  It's so.... *moist* in the summer ...

I was okay with winters in Mass, I literally stocked up on food and didn't leave the house for my winters there.  Now that I have a job instead of being in school, that might not work out so  well for me.  The snow was pretty on the first day. Good for hermits / misanthropes

Chicago - Nope. Too cold and windy. 

Phoenix, 2nd best for me, but too hot in summer.  Better than Baltimore summers though. 

Northern Cali is just BEAUTIFUL all year around.  No snow, summer gets just hot enough to be hot without being ...Phoenix.  I feel like living in the midwest/fly over states would kill my spirit as a human and sap my precious life blood (must...have....cities...), so I've never considered weather there.  One time I got stuck at a bus station in St Paul / Minneapolis in the summer, and I do not envy the people that live there. 

I can't see the dog.

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,611 posts
  • 371 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:11 PM

I don't think you should judge any city by its bus depot.  YMMV

-Setanta         

Share this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Happy, Tuesday, Stress relief, Cuteness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users