• Quick Navigation
Photo

Found an error in FSEP form 10 – do I need to resubmit?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:02 PM

I have found an error in my FORM 10 (CCP and PC) that has been approved by CFIA ( i didn't prepare the form). Do I need to resubmit or is recording the change in my log book of changes sufficient?

The error is that we will keep the packaging room at 4 degrees C which is crazy cold when I don't believe there is a requirement to do so. I should add that my operational and pre op check state that the packaging room only needs to be at 10 degrees C

Edited by scampi, 05 December 2014 - 06:04 PM.

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Sandima

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 56 posts
  • 12 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:38 PM

No no need to resubmit, just make the changes you need to and document them in your log book.

Current regulations do not specify a temperature for processing areas.

Meat Inspection Regulations, 1990 Requirements:

2. (1) In these Regulations,

"process" means, in respect of a meat product, to substantially change the appearance or nature of a meat product, and includes to debone, slice, comminute, thermally process, preserve, dehydrate, ferment, render, fractionate, defibrinate or add thereto an ingredient other than a meat product permitted to be added by these Regulations, but does not include to dress, trim, refrigerate, freeze or defrost; (transformer)

36. The temperature in a room or area of a registered establishment where a meat product is processed, packaged, labelled or handled shall be appropriate to ensure the preservation of a meat product.

Sandi

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 10 December 2014 - 12:59 AM

Dear scampi,

4 degC has an obvious justification.

From memory significant changes to critical limits in an "approved"  haccp plan typically demand a documented revalidation.

I suggest you prepare the latter in advance of the "to be eventually revealed" (Surprise !!) 10degC.

Rgds / Charles.C

PS - I should also make very sure that there are no caveats in the small print regarding such changes in an approved haccp plan.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:16 PM

Thanks to you both. One inspector had confirmed that the regulation will be changing (change has been approved, just not rolled out) whereby the packaging room will no longer have a temperature requirement, which will make it more comfortable for me to just change it and post in my change log.

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users