• IFSQN Member
  • 58 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:17 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have a potential customer asking for a "statement of product identity preserved status for all ingredients... The identity of preserved status must be declared in accordance with current legal requirements."  The product is Kosher, Non-GMO, and are marketed as "all natural."  Is there some type of format this statement is supposed to follow or do we just write a statement guaranteeing that our product meets these requirements?  Will the Kosher and Non-GMO certifications suffice?  I believe this has something to do with SQF, but we are not SQF certified (although the customer is).  Thanks in advance!

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:32 PM

Yes, kosher and non-GMO certificates would suffice (for my program, only they can tell you if that meets their requirements).  Natural isn't IP

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

Thanked by 1 Member:

moskito

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 412 posts
  • 85 thanks
Excellent

• Germany
    Germany

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:57 AM

Hi,

I agree with magenta_majors.

we have certified IP-Status only with soy/soy-lecithin, palm-oil, organic raw material. For other raw materials it is hard to get an independently certified raw material.

Natural is not IP. We see difficulties with the all-natural claim in the US.

Rgds

moskito

Thanked by 1 Member:

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,231 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:14 PM

I believe this has something to do with SQF, but we are not SQF certified (although the customer is).  Thanks in advance!

SQF Requirements:

2.8 Identity Preserved Foods
2.8.1.2 Identification shall include a statement of the product’s identity preserved status of all ingredients, including additives, preservatives, processing aids and flavorings.
2.8.1.7 The identity preserved status shall be declared in accordance with current legal requirements.

From SQF Guidance:

'Assurances concerning raw materials or an ingredient’s identity preserved status shall be included in raw material specifications (refer 2.3.2). A product process description shall allow for a product’s identity preserved status to be maintained with manufacturing carried out on dedicated equipment or scheduled to avoid cross-contamination. The identity preserved status shall be declared in accordance with regulatory requirements.'

So if you provide a specification, copies of certificates and a statement that is a 'full house'

Regards,

Tony

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users