Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:41 PM

I'm not sure if any of my European compatriots are having a day like mine!

It would appear that some of our customers have left it until the very last minute , even having had nigh on 2 years warning, to change their labels to be FIR compliant! And having had me prompt them on a monthly basis for the past 4 months!

You seriously wouldn't believe some of the requests I've had today (Seriously, you would not believe them!!)

I would be interested to know how smoothly (or not)  this transition has been for others.

Caz x

Setanta

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,596 posts
  • 369 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Reading: historical fiction, fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Movies
    Gardening
    Birding

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:03 PM

<sympathies and tea, brandy, wine or beer> :beer:

-Setanta         

AJ1795

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 58 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:24 PM

My company has one distributor in Germany (we are in the US) and he has been emailing us perhaps once per month for the last four months about changing our labels. I don't know much about the new EU regulations and apparently neither does he because he keeps saying he only needs the labels in German (he exports to other EU countries) and he can't tell us exactly what needs to change on our labels.  At this point, we are just assuming we are going to lose that business  :glare:

Ian R

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 121 posts
  • 40 thanks
Good

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:03 AM

Hi

We started with clients in 2013 getting ready for FIR, especially those making for the major retailers.

So by mid 2014 most of our clients were ready.

We have also been running accredited training courses during 2014 with funding from the Welsh Food & Drink Skills Project.

We have done about 30 courses, covering 150 companies, over 200 participants

A lot of last minute panics from the smaller companies, but it seems TSOs appear to be taking a rather relaxed view, one company, apparently, were told by the TSO not to worry about the new regulation.

Of course they don't have that in writing.

But a great deal of amusement is to be had with food service, after looking at the menu ask the staff what allergens are in a particular dish and then watch the confused look.

Having said that a few food service businesses have got themselves very well organised.

But a lot of small manufacturers are a long way from being FIR complaint, probably a long way from being FIR aware.

rdgs

cazyncymru

Grade - FIFSQN

• Banned
  • 1,604 posts
  • 341 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:54 PM

Ian R

Would you believe that 1 council has given a derogation until 16th December 2015 to one of my customers!

:rofl2:

Really why bother having a cut off date!!

And I've had 1 customer tell me its not relevant to them as their only selling business to business!!!

Edited by cazyncymru, 18 December 2014 - 01:55 PM.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users