Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:50 PM

I am a new SQF Practitioner in tour company and try to complete minors of previous audit.

This is the deviation:

"External documents such as the SQF Code or applicable regulations were not controlled. Registers required by the Code that were not documented included the following: Raw Material and Packaging specifications."

My question is : How I can control external docs such as ingredient spec/ SQF code? Is making a register and mentioning their versions would be enough?(Although it is not working for specs)

Thanks

anamazi

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 5 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:50 PM

I am a new SQF Practitioner in tour company and try to complete minors of previous audit.

This is the deviation:

"External documents such as the SQF Code or applicable regulations were not controlled. Registers required by the Code that were not documented included the following: Raw Material and Packaging specifications."

My question is : How I can control external docs such as ingredient spec/ SQF code? Is making a register and mentioning their versions would be enough?(Although it is not working for specs)

Thanks

RG3

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 501 posts
  • 169 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them" Albert Einstein

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:00 PM

This is the deviation:

Thanks

You have the right idea. Make a register, document the version on every document (QA's, Production, Maintenance, Sanitation).

There's a thread on here on what should be placed on the header or footer.  http://www.ifsqn.com...control-system/

Azita Namazi

Grade - Active

• 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:35 PM

You have the right idea. Make a register, document the version on every document (QA's, Production, Maintenance, Sanitation).

There's a thread on here on what should be placed on the header or footer.  http://www.ifsqn.com...control-system/

There's a thread on here on what should be placed on the header or footer.  http://www.ifsqn.com...t-ntrol-system/

Thanks for quick reply. I checked the form. I have got a part of my answer but still don't know how i can control external docs or outside companies spec sheets . should I really give all of them doc# and version #s and then make a register of these versions or there is something else that I missed.

Thanks,

RG3

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 501 posts
  • 169 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them" Albert Einstein

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:41 PM

:welcome:

The easiest way to handle this is to make a register of your outside spec sheets and the version that is on it. If they don't have a version you can put the date you received them and save the email in which you received them. I think this is more when asking them for an update yearly comes in play to ensure you still have the updated one. You can reach out to procurement or you yourself to ask the external company to date it or even put a version on the spec sheet.

Azita Namazi

Grade - Active

• 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:25 PM

Thanks for quick reply. I checked the form. I have got a part of my answer but still don't know how i can control external docs or outside companies spec sheets . should I really give all of them doc# and version #s and then make a register of these versions or there is something else that I missed.

Thanks,

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:25 PM

You can review the specification sheet we you get it, sign and date as proof you have reviewed, keep a list of spec sheet and when it was last updated, and contact vendors on a "regular" basis to make sure you have the most up to date copy - SQF ususally thinks this is annual, but specification sheets aren't generally updated on an annual basis, so our team set specs to have a three year interval.  I've attached an example of how I do it - I sign & date, scan the docs in (LOG etc included), save them to a folder, and then hyperlink to them in Excel.  I make the hyper link the date so Excel will automatically highlight anything that's out of date for me.

You don't have to give them their own doc number or anything like that - Aint-Nobody-Got-Time-for-That.gif

Edited by magenta_majors, 09 January 2015 - 09:34 PM.

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

Thanked by 1 Member:

Azita Namazi

Grade - Active

• 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:28 PM

Thanks.

So what is really important is have a system in place (register) to be able to monitor the update of all documents. Am I right?

RG3

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 501 posts
  • 169 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:36 PM

Aint-Nobody-Got-Time-for-That.gif

OK...I now see it why everyone was falling in love with Magenta Majors

"And then the smoke gaught me I gaught Bronchitis"

fgjuadi

Grade - PIFSQN

• Banned
  • 898 posts
  • 203 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:36 PM

Thanks.

So what is really important is have a system in place (register) to be able to monitor the update of all documents. Am I right?

Yes - also keep proof that you've *controlled* them by signing & dating upon receipt (or as RG3 suggest satisfy this by keeping  the original email)

.--. .- -. - ... / --- .--. - .. --- -. .- .-..

angegenet

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 33 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• New Zealand
    New Zealand

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:20 PM

We had the same issure with suppliers PIFs(product information forms) i made a register of each pif, using the product , competion date of the document anf the document version.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users