Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 341 posts
  • 99 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:47 PM

sooo-300x249.pngCurrent Temperature 0*F.

Brrr. Really, REALLY BRRR.... To anyone who may be in this storms's path, please be safe my friends!! 

And as far as looking positively to tomorrow, they are forecasting a high of 8.  :glare:   

"Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be"

-Wayne W. Dyer

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:49 PM

Hell waking up I think it was -8 here.  It's currently -2 and with the wind chill it's -14.  It's supposed to feel like 1 ~4PM but we'll see how that works out.

Don't come visit your plant in Buffalo is all I'm sayin!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

it_rains_inside

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 341 posts
  • 99 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:00 PM

I don't even want to think about what it is WITH the wind chill. All I know is that it is too damn cold.  I'm so over it!!

I got a nice case of wind burn on my face just from bringing in groceries yesterday!!

And as far as Buffalo, Im sorry to say but those guys are on their own until the weather breaks! I usually drive up there but Im terrified!! We've had so much trouble even down here just trying to get tankers in on time and stuff like that .... the plant manager was driving around helping people un- bury their cars and jump their batteries. This is insanity. 

"Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be"

-Wayne W. Dyer

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:10 PM

Yeah this is an old-school winter around here.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:35 PM

Don't know how you guys do it.  Here we are starting to get the sprinklers up and running because its warm enough for most things to start blooming.  Other than the water bill going up, I'm happy with this. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:38 PM

I want to hate... so bad... hate building...

Channel it into the Dark Side....

Mr. Incognito

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:42 PM

Time for a vacation,

Tropical-Background-1.jpg

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:43 PM

Don't know how you guys do it.  Here we are starting to get the sprinklers up and running because its warm enough for most things to start blooming.  Other than the water bill going up, I'm happy with this. 

Of course in a couple of months when you bake cookies in your car or fry an egg on the sidewalk, I will be hating the weather. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:46 PM

It's not time for a vacation yet.  My vacations include Virginia Beach and while they are warmer than we are it's too cold to go to the beach.

Mr. Incognito

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:47 PM

Ah well.  I personally have not a real down time vacation in a long time and am taking one this year.  Personally I would like a week on a California beach with lots of alcohol and good food, mountains would be nice as well.

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

it_rains_inside

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 341 posts
  • 99 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:56 PM

Vacation?? Most people can't even leave their houses!! I don't know exactly where you are Snookie, but I'd bet something called a "travel ban" doesn't happen very often there. This picture was taken Saturday, I believe 5 were killed in this incident. I can't even express how truly and genuinely sick of winter I am.

That palm tree does look mighty fine though. And that clear blue water.... one can dream.  

635595237995463782-CLE067-L.jpg

-Wayne W. Dyer

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:01 PM

I am in the Southwest.  Nope no travel bans....its one of the things I like about this part of the world.  Other than a occasional sand storm, we seldom have earthquakes and usually we don't even know when we do without the news telling us, we don't have hurricanes or tornados, we can get flash floods in the summers, but give it a bit and then that's over.  It is a relatively safe place in the world if you can live with heat, dust and very little water. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

it_rains_inside

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 341 posts
  • 99 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:09 PM

Im moving this thread to the employment and personal development section.

Will work long hours for crap pay - as long as it's in a place where the air doesn't hurt my face.

-Wayne W. Dyer

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:15 PM

or where it hurts to breath.

Mr. Incognito

it_rains_inside

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 341 posts
  • 99 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:18 PM

or where it hurts to breath.

oohhh yeah, the worst is when you try to breathe in your nose and then your nose hairs freeze, so your breathe through your mouth and then your lungs freeze.

good times.  

(not.)

-Wayne W. Dyer

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:04 PM

Yes but you do have lots of green plants in the spring and summer--water and cooler temperatures in the summer.  I have gotten in my car on a summer day and the internal temperature is over 130 degrees F.  Once it goes over 110, I have a countdown going until its under 110 and that's the ambient temperature, not the radiant temperature which can add 10-20 degrees. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:17 PM

I can agree with your point Snookie.  I've been a couple places where the temperature was ~130 degrees one being Djbouti Africa, and the other was the Gulf of Oman.  Standing stopside on a large piece of metal with the floor (on top) being painted black is not where you want to be in that heat.

Mr. Incognito

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:54 PM

130 on a black surface would not be fun.  The air here can be so hot that its not fun to breathe it.  From climate standpoint my favorite place was southern California, but the commuting, the cost of living, the taxes really gets intense.  But it is a cool place to live from a weather and things to do standpoint.

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

it_rains_inside

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 341 posts
  • 99 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:31 PM

It seems as though no one has it all. Counting my blessings ( I guessss....) and grabbing my snow shovel.

And hat. And mittens. And scarf.And parka

-Wayne W. Dyer

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:04 PM

:roflmao:   Think you're right...no one has it all, only trade offs.  Sometimes we just have to bloom where we are planted.   Right now I would like be to planted on a balcony overlooking the beach, the ocean with a clear blue sky, with some really good food and drinks, listening to wind and the kids.  Since that won't be today, guess I'll go do my sampling. 

Edited by Snookie, 16 February 2015 - 08:05 PM.

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:04 PM

I loved living in southern Virginia.  They had hot days... and beaches...  So if it was hot you went to the beach and got in cold (you could say) water.

They had cold days... for about a month.  And then it was decent again and then it got hot and you can look above on what to do on a hot day.

I will live in Virginia again.  I love Virginia.

There was one really bad hurricane that came up the coast while I lived there but it wasn't really that bad.

Mr. Incognito

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:07 PM

Virginia sounds lovely, but I love the open spaces of the west.  I am right where I need to be though there are moments it doesn't feel that way. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:My Dogs (Beagles),Gardening, SciFi, Video Games (WoW, D3, HoS, PvZ), Classical Music, Legal Stuff, Science Stuff. I'm a Geeky Nerd.

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:33 PM

This reminded me of a part of another thread, but it fits here.  I'm so very tired of the cold, the water pipe into the house froze on Sunday and it took several emails (including the words "not habitable") to get them to come out on Monday and thaw it.  Sometimes knowing the right legal term helps.  They wanted to wait until the freeze broke, which will not happen until next weekend, if we're lucky. 

Woke up this morning to the thermometer on the back deck reading 8.  Second time in a week.

I hate heat pumps.

OK, end of my arctic temperature rant.  Martha

10407353_10153167032433706_2027338750555

"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing:  the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."  Viktor E. Frankl

"Life's like a movie, write your own ending."  The Muppets

MWidra

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 778 posts
  • 314 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:My Dogs (Beagles),Gardening, SciFi, Video Games (WoW, D3, HoS, PvZ), Classical Music, Legal Stuff, Science Stuff. I'm a Geeky Nerd.

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:36 PM

Yes but you do have lots of green plants in the spring and summer--water and cooler temperatures in the summer.  I have gotten in my car on a summer day and the internal temperature is over 130 degrees F.  Once it goes over 110, I have a countdown going until its under 110 and that's the ambient temperature, not the radiant temperature which can add 10-20 degrees. 

My sister and brother-in-law moved to Florida to retire.  They moved back to Maryland after about 15 years.  She got tired of not being able to garden in the summer.  She said that summer down there is like winter, you have to stay inside.

Having 4 seasons is nice.

Martha

"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing:  the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."  Viktor E. Frankl

"Life's like a movie, write your own ending."  The Muppets

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:07 PM

Do understand.  I like to garden but trying to garden in the desert is like trying to garden on Mars.  

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users