"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:19 PM

So I mentioned to our corporate Food Safety manager, my new boss, that SQFI has the annual food safety conference where they do training and networking meetings et al. and she seemed interested.  Of course those who are not casual observers of my posts know that we are FFSC though I told her I thought that a lot of the information really does cross both schemes.

SQFI finally put out that their annual conference is going to be November 3rd – 5th at the JW Marriott in Indianapolis Indiana.

So what do you guys think that have been to it.  Am I right or crazy?  And while the actual conference page isn't up I wonder if they allow people using other schemes to go to the conference.  I can't really remember anyone not under SQF being there when I went a few years back but then again I wasn't asking people either.

Also anyone planning on going?  

I remember that a member of IFSQN from Australia was there performing one of the training sessions and put out that they were going.  I went to their training and thought it was pretty good.  I believe it was the 2011 conference but I can't remember now.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

:tardis:

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:21 PM

Ok I lied I went to the 2012 conference.  I just found the link to the old page with the agenda.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Incognito

Mr. Incognito is a cool frood who can travel the width and breadth of the galaxy and still know where his towel is.

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:45 PM

I like to go, but can't afford it on my own and doubt company would pay for it. 

I would like to (fill in expletive here)  complain strenuously about the advance exam. 

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:51 PM

No way to argue that:

A) Mr. Incognito will be there (if in fact I will be there... idk)

B) It's like Continuing Education Credits for other jobs.  It's good to go once in a while to refresh on the topics they will go over.

I think selling point A is the strongest one though.  :roflmao:

Mr. Incognito

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:53 PM

No way to argue that:

A) Mr. Incognito will be there (if in fact I will be there... idk)

B) It's like Continuing Education Credits for other jobs.  It's good to go once in a while to refresh on the topics they will go over.

I think selling point A is the strongest one though.  :roflmao:

Yes, but will the conference survive..... :roflmao:  :roflmao:

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Mr. Incognito

"Mostly Harmless"

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,571 posts
  • 272 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:55 PM

Yes, but will the conference survive..... :roflmao:  :roflmao:

Well.... I went in 2012 and it survived... however I wasn't the quality manager then and my quality manager was there with me... so I was under the thumb.

This time we can HAVE SOME FUN!!!!  :beer:  :drunk:  :beer:      :thumbup:  :band:

J/K I seriously want to go for the conference... I swear!

Mr. Incognito

Snookie

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,625 posts
  • 267 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:02 PM

so I was under the thumb.

My point exactly!

This time we can HAVE SOME FUN!!!!  :beer:  :drunk:  :beer:      :thumbup:  :band:

That would be so nice!!

Posted Image
Live Long & Prosper

Share this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users