• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:42 PM

Hello Everyone, 

I am in need of assurance/proper selection in Food Sector Category Selection for SQF. The company receives granulated sugar and processes it into liquid sugar. This would fall under food sector category "19" (Please correct me if you think otherwise). The location also receives and ships granulated sugar without converting it into liquid sugar (they distribute). Does the company also have to consider food sector "26" to cover module 12-GDP for transport and distribution of food products. 

When you read Appendix 1: in the food sector category "26" within the Column EXAMPLE  OF PRODUCTS. It states " Includes all transportation, storage and delivery of all foods sold through retail and foodservice facilities that are low and high-risk foods and recouping or repacking of outer (secondary) packaging, but not repacking of exposed product or any processing operations." 

I do not know how to interpret that for this situation... any comments. 

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,232 posts
  • 1293 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:41 AM

Hi Bets,

Yes I agree that you should fall into Food Sector Category 19:

Module 12 is for distribution facilities that do not process or repackage.

You will need to comply with Module 11: Good Manufacturing Practices for Processing of Food Products which has section 11.6 Storage and Transport

Regards,

Tony

Bets

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 28 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 14 June 2015 - 01:54 PM

Hi Tony C,