• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Portugal
    Portugal

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:51 AM

Hi all,

I need some examples for labelling and pack control procedures.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you

gfdoucette07

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 167 posts
  • 112 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Food safety, QA, sharing my knowledge. Farming, growing, life

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:48 PM

RitaEM

Here are 2 examples of plants I have worked for 1 big poultry processing and 1 small starch drying

Big: 15 lines processing 250,000 chickens daily from live bird to final pack

- there was a warehouse person who had a copy of the schedule (modified to know how may of what label and packaged to be ran on what line)  at the start of each day (and anytime you ran out of labels) the person incharge of the label machines would go the warehouse person and get labels based on schedule and if out would have to bring an example for a new roll.  These were scaned out to departments based on codes and computer based inventor system.  At the end of a run or day all labels were brough back to warehouse person, wieghed (based on a know starting weight and how many are on a roll, should be close to what we used on schedule), then scanned into inventory.   Any additional info was ink printed on the the labels as they went down the line.  Also in production a copy of all completed labels used on your shift was attached to the back of the schedule and on the hour QA would come around and do a veryification that the label on the pack was the correct label. 

Small: 3 dry packaging rooms running drums or bulk bags

- Labels for each run are pre-printed by QA office with correct lot code on drum/bag number.  These are distributed to packagers only in the quantity they should produce on that shift.  If they are short then must come to office for replacement and any extras must be returned and explaination given as to why.  QA also does mid round label checks for lot codes and BB dates. 

2 extremly different examples but some basic ideas hope I helped somehow.

G

Thanked by 1 Member:

Miss Tammy

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 70 posts
  • 13 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Interior decorating, swimming, reading anything, reality TV, keeping up with 3 Grandbabies under 2 years old!

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:56 PM

We have an ink jet printer that prints the label directly onto the case.  When variety changes, QA runs a sheet of paper through to obtain a copy of the label.  It is then checked during the middle of the run and at the end.  For packaging inside of the cases, QA removes a package from each machine at the beginning of the run and records the date and time directly on the package with a sharpie.  This is turned in with all of the other paperwork and kept on file. 

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users