• IFSQN Member
  • 67 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:02 PM

Hi All,

I am looking to see some clarification as BRC Section Audits.

I would like to know if these are a requirement as I cannot find specifically where it states that they are.

Currently we carry out internal audits on procedures/process, GMP's, Environmental etc.

Any explanation would be of great help.

Thanks

Sagar_J

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:37 PM

Hi Murae, 

Refer to Fundamental Clause 3.4 it clearly states that "The company shall be able to demonstrate it verifies the effective application of the food safety plan and the implementation of the requirements of the Global Standard for Food Safety"

So it is clearly evident that it is a requirement but the standard does not prescribe how to achieve this.

IMO you can either achieve this by IA of Process/Procedures, GMP, Environment etc. by horizontal audit method or can do a section wise vertical audit. Which ever way you choose the ultimate aim is to exhibit continued compliance with the requirements of the standard. 

IMEX Section wise IA is much easier and straight forward. You can use BRC Self Assessment Tool for this. For reference you can use Introduction to Internal Audit. Both the documents are available on BRC global Standards website. 

Thanks. 

Sagar J. 

Murae

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 67 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 02 October 2015 - 09:15 AM

Thank you Sagar_J for clearing this up.