Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:38 PM

During our SQF audit the auditor observed that blue vinyl gloves that we use to sensitive electronics during sanitation were not removed prior to operations. He scored the issue as a minor non-compliance for tempoary repair of equipment, we had an opportunity for improvement in the same area last year. Two questions:

Does anyone have a better suggestion for materials to protect small, water sensitive items (ie sensors) during sanitation?

Would this non-conformity be better classified under a different SQF code such as pre-op inspection?

#2 RMAV

RMAV

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 406 posts
  • 121 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:QA, Micro, Sanitation;
    Meats, Juice, Condiments;
    SQF, Audit, and aviation

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:02 PM

Small, colored plastic bags work well for us.  I agree with you, better with preop inspection.  If it is treated as a temporary repair issue, you technically cannot get to the root cause.

#3 Plastic Ducky

Plastic Ducky

Director of Quality Control

• IFSQN Member
  • 160 posts
  • 38 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:CFR 21 Part 117 & 111 Dietary Supplements, Conspiracy Theories, Church of FSM (Flying Spaghetti Monsterism), Aaron-Ra, hiking in the mountains, swimming in the seas, flying through the air assisted by trampolines.

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:42 PM

Auditors should remain open minded to explanation of what they are observing if they wasn't to be accurate. I disagree with classification as a temporary repair. You must address this with preop, and the authority that released the floor for production.

#4 RMAV

RMAV

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 406 posts
  • 121 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:QA, Micro, Sanitation;
    Meats, Juice, Condiments;
    SQF, Audit, and aviation

Posted 02 October 2015 - 10:03 PM

"Auditors should remain open minded to explanation of what they are observing"

Certainly this.  I've been fortunate that so far our CB has sent us auditors who will listen and seek agreement, especially when there is a NC on the table.  As much as I don't want an NC, I want it to be under the correct clause to address it properly. 

#5 SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 3,084 posts
  • 787 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Truth is like a delicious slice of watermelon... you just want more and more!

Posted 03 October 2015 - 03:36 PM

This is not a temporary repair. It could have been dispatched with a simple OIP instead of a write up by someone that could not seem to classify it.

Kind regards,

Glenn Oster

GOC GROUP / +1.800.793.7042 / Food - Food Packaging - Food Storage/DC

SQF, BRC & IFS System Development, Implementation & Certification Consultants

Serving Small-to-Mid-Size Businesses | We are International - Accepting all major C-Currencies

Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant | SQF, BRC & IFS Pre-Development or Pre-Audit GAP

http://www.GlennOsterConsulting.com  -- 

60% Savings to Ownership/Senior Partners when using C-Currency "XRP" Expires: 04-NOV-20

https://glennosterco...-development-pr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

EV SSL Certificate