Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 29 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 04 November 2015 - 03:32 AM

I am trying to update our raw materials receiving and sampling program for our chocolate reprocessing company. Right now we take samples of all raw materials-but we never test them for anything! After reading the mod 2 guidance tool for section 2.3.2 under "what do I have to do?" section (which I find very helpful by the way!) I interpreted the code that I need to test high risk raw materials at least annually....but not sure where that leaves me. In our raw materials register we classify any allergenic material as high risk...well that is 97% of our raw materials due to the nature of our business. Which is fine..I just better get testing! How are other people in a similar business determining high or low risk for material?  Thank you!

zarahtrania

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:16 AM

You may also ask your suppliers to provide you a complete analysis of the ingredients they are providing supplying.

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:51 AM

Hi terris,

I haven't checked the SQF Standard but if it (or conservatively the Guidance) states that -

(1) all intrinsically allergenic raw materials shall/must be classified as high risk, ie no exceptions

(2) all materials classified as high risk shall/must be "tested" at least annually, ie no exceptions

I guess that's what has to be done. :smile:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users