• IFSQN Associate
  • 19 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• Spain
    Spain

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:48 PM

Hi

I have some doubts about the FSSC 22000 scheme.

Is there any zoning requirement like BRC scheme? Do you know if there will be any other revision that involves this kind of area zoning in this scheme?

Furthermore, the company produces prepared meals (ready to eat products, salads, and some canned products).

I know they have to comply with ISO 22000:2005, the technical specifications for sector PRPs and finally the Appendix IA from Part I. I am not sure if they should comply with ISO/TS 22002-1:2009 Part 1: Food manufacturing or ISO/TS 22002-2:2013 Part 2: catering, due to the sort of activity of the company. A company which produces prepared meals ¿could it be considered as a catering company in this case?

thanks

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:25 PM

Hi

I have some doubts about the FSSC 22000 scheme.

Is there any zoning requirement like BRC scheme? Do you know if there will be any other revision that involves this kind of area zoning in this scheme?

Furthermore, the company produces prepared meals (ready to eat products, salads, and some canned products).

I know they have to comply with ISO 22000:2005, the technical specifications for sector PRPs and finally the Appendix IA from Part I. I am not sure if they should comply with ISO/TS 22002-1:2009 Part 1: Food manufacturing or ISO/TS 22002-2:2013 Part 2: catering, due to the sort of activity of the company. A company which produces prepared meals ¿could it be considered as a catering company in this case?

thanks

Hi ferranflo,

BRC's zoning scheme afaik is, so far, unique to them within GFSI recognized FS standards. No idea about future.

Personally i would put yr last query to a fssc2000 certified auditor who I'm sure would happily give you a (free) answer if some potential business is foreseen.

i would anticipate that the two 22002, standards mentioned are only slightly different anyway (?) .

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users