• IFSQN Member
  • 79 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:02 PM

Hello Guys,

With the revision of the standard, it is pretty clear to us that our artwork is considered subcontracted to a 3rd party. Now I don't have a clue on what documents am I going to require to our subcontractor. If anyone has idea about, I need your help.

Thanks in advance!

Dr.Khan

DR

• IFSQN Senior
  • 314 posts
  • 132 thanks
Excellent

• Australia
    Australia
  • Interests:Food, Reading technical information,provding technical help in QA,R&D,staff Training, products and processes optimisation, watching documentaries and making presentations
    AM available as consultant in Quality Assurance, Product & process development/ optimisation, staff training and trouble shooting in complex manufacturing Environment

Cal me on +61411588329 to discuss your requirements.

Am available for International Assignments

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:12 PM

Hi Lorenab I suppose you are referring section 3.5.3.1 The requirements in managing the service provider are 1. You should have a documented procedure for approval of suppliers 2. There should be written contract with service provider which clearly explained standard of service and the client/customer requirements. 3. You may also need copies of their quality certification Kind regards Dr. Humaid Khan MD - Halal International Services

Thanked by 1 Member:

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,223 posts
  • 1288 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:58 AM

Hi Lorenab,

I think the previous poster is quoting issue 4 of the standard.

The relevant section of the BRC Global Standard for Packaging and Packaging Materials Issue 5 July 2015 is:

3.7 MANAGEMENT OF SUBCONTRACTED PROCESSES
Where any process steps in the manufacture of the packaging material are subcontracted to a third party or undertaken at another site, this shall be managed to ensure it does not compromise the quality, safety or legality of the product.
CLAUSE REQUIREMENTS
3.7.1 The use of subcontractors and the status of the subcontractor with respect to the Standard shall be notified to the brand owner and/or customer.
3.7.2 Where any processes are subcontracted, including artwork or pre-press activity, the risks to the quality and safety of the product shall form part of the hazard and risk analysis and the company’s evaluation of the system shall be held on record.
3.7.3 Clear specifications shall be agreed for all work outsourced to a subcontractor.
3.7.4 Where any process steps in the manufacture of the packaging or packaging material are subcontracted, final release of the product shall remain the responsibility of the site.
Controls shall be in place for checks on finished work to ensure product safety and quality meets specification prior to dispatch to the final customer.

So you should have supplier approval documentation, your hazard analysis should include this contracted work and appropriate controls applied. There should be agreed specifications, checks on the finished work and evidence of final release by yourselves. You also need to consider how you meet the requirements of 5.2 GRAPHIC DESIGN AND ARTWORK CONTROL.

Regards,

Tony

Thanked by 2 Members:

Loren

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 79 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:29 PM

Hi Lorenab,

I think the previous poster is quoting issue 4 of the standard.

The relevant section of the BRC Global Standard for Packaging and Packaging Materials Issue 5 July 2015 is:

3.7 MANAGEMENT OF SUBCONTRACTED PROCESSES
Where any process steps in the manufacture of the packaging material are subcontracted to a third party or undertaken at another site, this shall be managed to ensure it does not compromise the quality, safety or legality of the product.
CLAUSE REQUIREMENTS
3.7.1 The use of subcontractors and the status of the subcontractor with respect to the Standard shall be notified to the brand owner and/or customer.
3.7.2 Where any processes are subcontracted, including artwork or pre-press activity, the risks to the quality and safety of the product shall form part of the hazard and risk analysis and the company’s evaluation of the system shall be held on record.
3.7.3 Clear specifications shall be agreed for all work outsourced to a subcontractor.
3.7.4 Where any process steps in the manufacture of the packaging or packaging material are subcontracted, final release of the product shall remain the responsibility of the site.
Controls shall be in place for checks on finished work to ensure product safety and quality meets specification prior to dispatch to the final customer.

So you should have supplier approval documentation, your hazard analysis should include this contracted work and appropriate controls applied. There should be agreed specifications, checks on the finished work and evidence of final release by yourselves. You also need to consider how you meet the requirements of 5.2 GRAPHIC DESIGN AND ARTWORK CONTROL.

Regards,

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thank you so much for your clarification.

Regards,

Lorena

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users