• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Mauritius
    Mauritius

Posted 21 February 2016 - 03:58 PM

Dear All

I would like to know your view point on dry sanitation. I have go through some chemicals which are available on the market but is not that much convinced that it will work for a tuna cleaning factory. Presently, we have a 4 cleaning and 2 sanitation per shift. It is done with chlorine based solution. But personally i don't like to see the factory floor wet all day long.

Rgds

Aniissah

RMAV

Grade - SIFSQN

• IFSQN Senior
  • 407 posts
  • 122 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:QA, Micro, Sanitation;
    Meats, Juice, Condiments;
    SQF, Audit, and aviation

Posted 21 February 2016 - 05:19 PM

Use dry only if you can't do wet. That said, I would never consider dry sanitation in meat, seafood, dairy, juice, dressings, sauces, etc. If you can't do wet in those situations, my opinion is you have inadequate facilities and equipment.

Thanked by 1 Member:

QAGB

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 685 posts
  • 262 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:00 PM

Dear All

I would like to know your view point on dry sanitation. I have go through some chemicals which are available on the market but is not that much convinced that it will work for a tuna cleaning factory. Presently, we have a 4 cleaning and 2 sanitation per shift. It is done with chlorine based solution. But personally i don't like to see the factory floor wet all day long.

Rgds

Aniissah

Hi Aniissah,

I'm in agreement with RMAV. You should be able to do wet cleaning. I would expect that using dry cleaning for that sort of process would certainly raise questions, if not major non-conformances. It sounds to me like you should have floor drains near your processing area, and if water is pooling, you should have some sort of graded flooring to lead the water to the drains.

QAGB

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users