• Quick Navigation
Photo

BRC V7 Implications of using in-house manufactured bottles?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic
- - - - -

garyandrews

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 20 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

Posted 21 February 2016 - 10:47 PM

Folks,

I am working with a Liquid Milk processor that has invested in manufacturing their own Poly bottles for Liquid Milk Processing. Just looking to ensure I cover all bases for BRC and cover all the implications of going down this path. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Gary

Ehab Nassar

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 137 posts
  • 147 thanks
Excellent

• Egypt
    Egypt

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:39 AM

hi Gary ,

It is a very open question , 

Generally ,to make sure you should consider this line as a separate and make sure that all the requirement for BRC is in place for this line , special HACCP for this line is required , validation and verification , control of rework used for bottles , in-process quality plans /inspections , the finished bottles should be assessed for microbiological and chemical analysis like  bisphenol-a (BPA) for PET , tractability for each batch of bottles , my advice is to make a BRC self assessment for your new line to discover any missed point , you can also increase your knowledge using BRC for packaging guideline .

the auditor will consider it a separate line and will audit it as an another line , so if your SOP dose not applied for this line you will be violated 

best regards ,

Ehab 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users