• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:58 PM

Hello,

I would like to pose a question to the forum, that the CFIA cannot definitively answer, regarding Form 2.

We run a federally licensed meat facility.

We bring in frozen fish for 3rd party sale, the product comes into receiving, the freezer and right back out.

Is there a need to have fish listed on Form 2? The fish is not processed, repackaged or comes into contact with any materials.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:18 PM

Hi Savepuck,

Welcome to the Forum :welcome:

No idea what Form2 is but it might help if you informed why cfia are not able to answer yr query ? (eg perhaps the form does not originate from cfia ?)

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,486 posts
  • 1511 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 08 August 2016 - 12:48 PM

Where the form 2 is concerned and knowing how CFIA operates I would include the fish as a declaration that it enters that facility and include a comment at the bottom of the record to include the statement that it is in no way part of your process outside of storage. The last thing you need is for CFIA to get up in arms because it hasn't been declared that it is in the facility. You could also include an all steps comment on form 8 regarding the fish in the facility (assuming you don't use any other fish in your process) 

Charles C, CFIA is notorious for being vague and neutral, they outline the regulations and requirements and force operators to filter through it on their own and you are guaranteed to get a different answer to the exact same question every time by each different inspector

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users