• IFSQN Associate
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:53 PM

Hi All,

Just recently had my first ever SQF audit and received a minor on 2.1.4.3 Management Review for validation " Food safety fundamentals and food safety plans shall be reviewed when any changes implemented have an impact on the supplier's ability to deliver safe food." The auditor's reasoning was as follows:

"All changes over the last year that involved the food safety program were reviewed but there is no records of a validation taking place. No special management review meeting was called and held to determine if the changes in the food safety system Management review meeting notes were pulled and audited to verify that changes were noted in the meeting notes".

He mentioned not having records in my management review meetings of validation of changes, such as adding equipment. I am in the process of making my corrective action but I am confused in terms of how I would present my validation of any changes made.

Please HELP!!!

ncorliss

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 63 posts
  • 17 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 August 2016 - 07:28 PM

The code guidance document indicates if you had any major changes, you need to validate the changes did not affect the safe production of food grade product. For example, If you say changed the compressed air system, did you do any validation steps to ensure the new system was working correctly and not adding any contamination to the product. Did you do testing of any changes to ensure the product still made food safety specifications or regulations? If you did, did you present this information in the management review meeting?

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users