Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 27 September 2016 - 02:34 AM

can anyone give an idea for the control measure of filter membrane defined as our ccp1?

the HACCP team insists that the ATP of the product water would be our control measure, i doubt this should suppose to be a Validation.

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,238 posts
  • 1295 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:20 AM

Hi mj ramos,

:welcome:

I assume that you are referring to a micro filter. It is possible that ATP can be used for verification that the filter is working correctly. Validation would normally be the results of micro testing. Normally validation and verification limits are established by dual testing during commissioning.

Kind regards,

Tony 

Thanked by 1 Member:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:42 AM

can anyone give an idea for the control measure of filter membrane defined as our ccp1?

the HACCP team insists that the ATP of the product water would be our control measure, i doubt this should suppose to be a Validation.

Hi mj ramos,

There is perhaps some confusion between terms like hazard, control measure, critical limit, validation.

Not sure what yr exact process is for bottled water but I have seen filters classified as CCPs as a control measure for the hazard of Cryptosporidium sp. For example see the excel plan in this post -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ram/#entry47723

As per previous post, Validation should involve a preliminary demonstration that the filter is microbiologically  "effective".

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

mj ramos

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 27 September 2016 - 06:54 AM

Hi mj ramos,

There is perhaps some confusion between terms like hazard, control measure, critical limit, validation.

Not sure what yr exact process is for bottled water but I have seen filters classified as CCPs as a control measure for the hazard of Cryptosporidium sp. For example see the excel plan in this post -

As per previous post, Validation should involve a preliminary demonstration that the filter is microbiologically  "effective".

thanks much Charles. Great help!

mj ramos

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 27 September 2016 - 06:55 AM

Hi mj ramos,

:welcome:

I assume that you are referring to a micro filter. It is possible that ATP can be used for verification that the filter is working correctly. Validation would normally be the results of micro testing. Normally validation and verification limits are established by dual testing during commissioning.

Kind regards,

Tony 

THanks Tony. Great help!

jayakrish

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 16 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:20 AM

Hi

I feel that a better suggestion can be given if you can provide the filter type, pressure on both sides and your cleaning programs.

Control measures can be different for different filters and operating conditions.

Welcome your comments.

Krishnan, R

Food Safety Auditor

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5666 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:59 AM

Hi

I feel that a better suggestion can be given if you can provide the filter type, pressure on both sides and your cleaning programs.

Control measures can be different for different filters and operating conditions.

Welcome your comments.

Krishnan, R

Food Safety Auditor

Hi jayakrish,

The filter is the control measure .??

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

mj ramos

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 28 September 2016 - 01:25 AM

Hi mj ramos,

Hi

Welcome your comments.

Krishnan, R

Food Safety Auditor

We are using the ultra filtration membrane with a pore size of .001-.01um. Chemicals being used for CIP are chlorine and citric acid. With more than a year of operation, the system has never failed its end product. Now the only control measure we have is the ATP reading of the product. any more suggestions sir?

jayakrish

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 16 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:41 AM

Hi

My views on the verification of this Ultra Filtration step:

1. Name the microbiological hazard controlled/prevented by this step

2. Microbiological trend analysis of this hazard from the permeate can be done over a period - cleaning to cleaning cycle

This trend analysis will be a tool for verifying this step.

I would like to add : how the decision tree was used to decide this step tobe a CCP

Because I personally feel that the product is prone to microbiological hazard entry post filtration also.

Optical Density of the permeate can also be used as a reference for verifying this step - I have done in the case of 

Apple Juice.

Welcome your comments.

Krishnan R

Food Safety Auditor

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users