• IFSQN Active
  • 15 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Ireland
    Ireland

Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:23 PM

Hi everyone

I have been one of the" ghosts"on this network for a couple of years now ,  and I am delighted with all the information available.

I am looking for some help in deciding objectives and titles for an assignment I am trying to write on food fraud /EMA.

There is a plethora of information , which is great, however I am having difficulty looking for a new angle and defining objectives.

I understand you are all very busy people and this is a bit cheeky , but ANY help/ suggestions will be welcome ..BTW I need to incorporate a science angle .

thanks in advance 

Theresa

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:24 AM

Hi everyone

I have been one of the" ghosts"on this network for a couple of years now ,  and I am delighted with all the information available.

I am looking for some help in deciding objectives and titles for an assignment I am trying to write on food fraud /EMA.

There is a plethora of information , which is great, however I am having difficulty looking for a new angle and defining objectives.

I understand you are all very busy people and this is a bit cheeky , but ANY help/ suggestions will be welcome ..BTW I need to incorporate a science angle .

thanks in advance 

Theresa

Hi Theresa,

The options available likely depend on the required scope/depth of the Assignment, eg  BSc project level vs MSc thesis level vs Newspaper article.

The primary factors have been fairly exhaustively presented/illustrated in the USP "monograph" in a qualitative way but attempts to offer a generic, "simple" quantitative method of ranking the factors plus combining them into a single risk oriented number have had limited success IMO. The reason is particularly related to (a) mathematical complexity and (b) lack of relevant data. Several examples exist on this Forum.

Delving into (a) requires a fairly extensive knowledge of statistics but (b) certainly offers plenty of opportunity, particularly due to USP having removed their well-established database from the public domain.

Just a few thoughts. :smile:

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users