• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 23 November 2016 - 05:20 PM

hello all

my company just went through a pre assessment document review for SQF certification (it went well as expected)  

the auditor requested a "decision tree" I have done a process hazard analysis  

question 1-

isn't it the same thing ...

I an answering the same questions just a different format  

the process hazard analysis has the "questions" on top and the step to the left side ...

the decision trees I have viewed on line to me seem very confusing ...

question 1- if I have to do a decision tree is it for each step in the process or the step that is (or) should be a CCP  ...

does anyone have an example

thank you in advance for your assistance or input

Giuseppe

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 23 November 2016 - 08:34 PM

Hi Giuseppe,

Pls inform what kind of Business involved, eg RTE Food, food Contact Packaging etc ?

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5665 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 23 November 2016 - 08:56 PM

addendum

I'm not a SQF user but, assuming Food, the relevant SQF clause is presumably 2.4.3 relating to Food Safety Plan -

2.4.3.1  A  food  safety  plan  shall  be  developed, effectively   implemented,   and   maintained   and outline   the   means   by   which   the   organization
controls  and  assures  food  safety.  The  food  safety plan shall:

i.      Be prepared in accordance with the steps identified   in   the   Codex Alimentarius Commission  or NACMCF HACCP guidelines.    Primary  producers  and  feed manufacturers may utilize a HACCP-based reference food safety plan developed by a responsible authority.

Neither Codex nor NACMCF mandate use of a Decision Tree. Nor does the SQF Guidance although it is mentioned as a possible option -

7 - Critical Control Points (CCPs) are steps in the process where control is essential to eliminate an identified hazard or reduce it to an acceptable level, e.g. cooking, pasteurizing, retort sterilizing, etc.  Metal detection may be, but is not necessarily a CCP.  Codex includes a decision tree for determining CCPs, which works well for microbiological hazards.  Again the methodology chosen for determining CCPs must be applied consistently.

(NACMCF also includes a Decision Tree option)

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Thanked by 1 Member:

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users