• Quick Navigation
Photo

FSSC 22000 V4, has the new version been released or finalized yet?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
- - - - -

qualityfishgirl11

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 51 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:11 PM

Has the new version been released or finalized yet? When will we be expected to adhere to the new standard.  We were audited to V3.

We got certified last year (Apr 2016) and our 1st surveillance audit will be Apr 2017.  

JD@KetoSkream

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 25 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:58 PM

As far as I have been able to tell, the answer is no. As far as I can guess they are waiting for GFSI to finalize v.7 of their benchmarking guide so they can release v.4 of FSSC and not have to update again for a while if they missed something required for GFSI v.7. 

From what I can see, the biggest change that is going to touch down is a mandatory addressing of food fraud, differentiated from food defense in the sense that food defense protects against harmful inclusions into food while food fraud protects against intentional adulteration for the purposes of financial gain. Version 4 is changing its scope to include catering and a storage and distribution specific set of PRPs developed by a Swedish partner (I think) of FSSC was released earlier this year.

Two changes to auditing processes also: one is that one of the audits must be unannounced (I think it means specifically one of the surveillance audits will be unannounced).The other, that I think is both really neat and also a bit odd, is that the CBs are required to post the full audit report online on the FSSC database. Neat because you can look in on other people's audits, see the good and the bad from it, and odd because you can look in on other people's audits... Unless that database is protected in the sense that to view it you need to request permission.

JD@KetoSkream

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 25 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:03 PM

Oh yeah. There was a free Friday webinar held a while back specifically on this (http://www.ifsqn.com...fssc-22000-r113) and the tools for food fraud that the presenter supplied were

www.ssafe-food.org

www.pwc.com/foodfraud

I used the online assessment with PwC and it was pretty neat. It is quite comprehensive, including suppliers and customers in protecting against food fraud, but you can skirt around the questions a bit to get to the end and get a fuller picture of what you need to work out for yourself.

JD@KetoSkream

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 25 posts
  • 7 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:44 PM

Hurrah! The email just came today that v.4 is here! Certification to it will not start until Jan 2018.

http://www.fssc22000...ads.xml?lang=en

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users