• IFSQN Member
  • 64 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:10 PM

Hello, 

My company is working toward SQF Level 2. I just completed 2.1.5 crisis management planning, at the end it says (2.1.5.4) " Records of reviews of the crisis management plan shall be maintained." Because we are not yet certified and this is a new program (it will be in place less than a year before we are certified) Do we need to perform a review before our audit? Thank you!

FurFarmandFork

Food Safety Consultant, Production Supervisor

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:24 PM

Add a revision control section to your plan and make "review notes" for the first version. This can be as simple as "brand new program created, responsibilities assigned".

The other portion of the records will be a test of your CMP. You do need to complete a CMP test before your audit and keep a record of how it went, what changes you made, etc.

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

Thanked by 1 Member:

charbear

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 64 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:20 AM   Best Answer

Thank you! What is a CMP?

charbear

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 64 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:18 PM

Thank you! What is a CMP?

Should not have looked at this right after arriving to work lol of course CMP is crisis management plan :oops2: airhead moment!

charbear

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 64 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:40 PM

Add a revision control section to your plan and make "review notes" for the first version. This can be as simple as "brand new program created, responsibilities assigned".

The other portion of the records will be a test of your CMP. You do need to complete a CMP test before your audit and keep a record of how it went, what changes you made, etc.

If you would be so kind I would like to attach an example of a program using the revision control example you gave me I would like your opinion on whether or not it's SQF 2 adequate? 

Attached Files

FurFarmandFork

Food Safety Consultant, Production Supervisor

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:20 PM

If you would be so kind I would like to attach an example of a program using the revision control example you gave me I would like your opinion on whether or not it's SQF 2 adequate? 

You pretty much got it CharBear. Just make sure you assign a revision number ( I like to use dates) and keep adding to this list when you review.

E.G.

Revision Control:

Revision: 5/17/17   Reviewed By: JL     Changes made: New Program, responsibilities assigned

Your subsequent revisions will need to include things like "no change" or "updated org chart, revised phone tree, and added SQFI contact information for notification"

E.g.

Revision Control:

Revision: 5/17/17   Reviewed By: JL     Changes made: New Program, responsibilities assigned

Revision 5/18/17    Reviewed By: FF&F  Changes made: Updated revision section, updated file location for crisis management plan test records and changed test frequency to 9 months.

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

Thanked by 1 Member:

charbear

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 64 posts
  • 6 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:44 PM

You pretty much got it CharBear. Just make sure you assign a revision number ( I like to use dates) and keep adding to this list when you review.

E.G.

Revision Control:

Your subsequent revisions will need to include things like "no change" or "updated org chart, revised phone tree, and added SQFI contact information for notification"

E.g.

Revision Control:

Revision 5/18/17    Reviewed By: FF&F  Changes made: Updated revision section, updated file location for crisis management plan test records and changed test frequency to 9 months.

Thank you! I took over this position with no experience so every little thing is literally new to me! Thank goodness for this site and google!

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users