Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:11 PM

We have a small screening lab where we do aW, butterfat, moisture, and pH as well as bacteria screening/presumptive testing. Does anybody have advice on how I should go about meeting the new Version 8 requirement of annual proficiency testing?

I do most of the testing myself and there is currently nothing for me to validate with except that I follow a written standard (Standard Methods for the Examination of Dairy Products, 17th ed.). Would it suffice to see if my outside lab would be willing to conduct an evaluation?

Tony-C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,224 posts
  • 1292 thanks
Excellent

• United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
  • Interests:My main interests are sports particularly football, pool, scuba diving, skiing and ten pin bowling.

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:06 AM

Hi Laura,

You should use a recognised scheme for proficiency testing of food/water etc. for example:

Kind regards,

Tony

majoy

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 243 posts
  • 92 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:50 PM

We have a small screening lab where we do aW, butterfat, moisture, and pH as well as bacteria screening/presumptive testing. Does anybody have advice on how I should go about meeting the new Version 8 requirement of annual proficiency testing?

I do most of the testing myself and there is currently nothing for me to validate with except that I follow a written standard (Standard Methods for the Examination of Dairy Products, 17th ed.). Would it suffice to see if my outside lab would be willing to conduct an evaluation?

I did had the same questions few months back. Below is the forum link where i got a lot of realistic ideas on how to do proficiency testing. The standard didn't specifically say third party proficiency testing, so the ideas that was mentioned by people who answered by queries were really helpful.

http://www.ifsqn.com...ciency-testing/

"Whatever you do, do it well..." - Walt Disney

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users