• IFSQN Active
  • 7 posts
  • 1 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:11 AM

Dear,

I am the FSTL of FSMS(FSSC 22000). My doubt is regarding the document control.Our food safety manual first issued on 2014. there is only issue number and revision number. I have changed many procedures after that. Now the time of re certification. So I am planning to make new version of Manual itself . This case Version #2  what will be the issue number. I know revision number will start as new  (Eg. :00). My doubt is whether I can give the issue number 1 for all procedures and plan in the new version #2  or issue number  also should be # 2 for Version#2

The Version # and Issue # can consider as Same or Different  ?

Thanks

Deepa 

Thanked by 1 Member:

Tomato Country Girl

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 85 posts
  • 17 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:54 PM

John,

Hello I am not certified for FSSC22000 however we are SQF Level 3 and we define Issue date as the date the document/manual was first created and then every time you make a change a revision date will be given. So if you created your manual 2/1/2014 that is the issue date and when you make a change let's pretend on November 10, 2017  you  should have a revision summary telling what the change was on each document and then you will have your revision date which would be 11/10/2017.  

You can develop your own system but the trick is to document each and every change so you have a historical trail if you will of the document and the changes that have occurred. I hope this helps if I have confused you in any way feel free to ask any questions I hope this helped and did not cause confusion.  I think you will find many ways to do it and definitions for issue or revision date trick is stay consistent and document each and every change is each documented process or policy. 

Regards,

akhilkharkwal

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Associate
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• India
    India

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:01 AM

For issue number change you should mention in your procedure for document control that after how many revisions issue number will be changed.

if you issue number is change then all you documents will have same issue number.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users