• Quick Navigation
Photo

Is a Partial Internal Wooden Wall painted and in good condition ok?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
- - - - -

Inland SCM

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:21 PM

Hello

We are a label company that currently is working towards SQF compliance. We did a gap assessment of our facility and we have a question. Currently we have a half wall around the interior perimeter of the facility. This wall is particle board that is painted and in good condition. I am wondering if anyone has a similar situation or  can provide insight on if the half wall can stay or what steps we should take.

Thank you!!

Timwoodbag

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 210 posts
  • 68 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:56 PM

We put up walls similar to this over all our wooded walls.  Very easy to clean, easy to spot damage, and easy to install. 

https://www.homedepo...-100389836-_-N 

FurFarmandFork

Food Safety Consultant, Production Supervisor

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 1,264 posts
  • 590 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:33 PM

Timwoodbag's recommendation of FRP as a wall material is great. However I don't think you need to worry. Wood walls are permitted if they're painted and maintained in a clean and sanitary condition in areas that are not expected to get wet.

Austin Bouck
Owner/Consultant at Fur, Farm, and Fork.
Consulting for companies needing effective, lean food safety systems and solutions.

Subscribe to the blog at furfarmandfork.com for food safety research, insights, and analysis.

Thanked by 2 Members:

Hoosiersmoker

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 683 posts
  • 228 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:27 PM

I agree with FurFarmandFork, If they are a wall, first of all, and they are painted, monitored and on an inspection and cleaning schedule you're covered but I would weigh the cost of the work to maintain and monitor against a one time installation that will eliminate the potential for a non-conformance.

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users