If meat is from a federal facility and packaged there- and I want to ship it between provinces in Canada.
Do I need to have a license to do this? Or do I only need to follow these rules?
If you wish to ship a domestically produced processed food product interprovincially, please ensure that the following points are respected:
- Processing Establishment Registration with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
- Minimum Grade or Standard of IdentityFootnote 1
- Prescribed ContainersFootnote 1
- Correct LabellingFootnote 1
- Health and Safety Requirements as set out in the pertinent regulations"