Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Portugal
    Portugal

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:40 AM

Hello!!! I'm Carina. I'm Quality Director at a Dairy industry and i'm glad i'm find you so i can learn more. Thank you. 

chrcia

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 61 posts
  • 15 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:02 AM

Welcome to the group

carinaevora

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Portugal
    Portugal

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:50 AM

Thank you!!! Sorry for the mistake...i meant: "I'm Quality Director at a Dairy industry and i'm glad to find you so i can learn more. Thank you. "

Plastic Ducky

Director of Food Safety

• IFSQN Member
  • 175 posts
  • 42 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:FDA, USDA, SQF, BRC, FSMA, FSM (Flying Spaghetti Monsterism), Acidified Foods, LAFC, using a spotlight to hunt C.H.U.D.s at night, cooking, mycology, the middle path, epistemology, waffles, and being an all around student

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:29 PM

Hello Carina,

Welcome to IFSQN!! This is a international network of experts.

I will be happy to give YOU your first question as a member of the community....

The thing is, I have tried to get into various QA supervisory level positions In the Dairy Industry recently with no luck. 

As a Quality Director, do you perceive any opportunity for someone to get "dairy specific experience" by way of part time or even volunteer work?

I am sure it sounds strange, but my current employment leaves only those two options to obtain "dairy specific" experience and I am trying to find some way to broaden my opportunities..

Thank you for any insight you can provide, and again, welcome to the forum.

Plastic Ducky

carinaevora

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 9 posts
  • 3 thanks
Neutral

• Portugal
    Portugal

Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:34 AM

Hello Carina,

Welcome to IFSQN!! This is a international network of experts.

I will be happy to give YOU your first question as a member of the community....

The thing is, I have tried to get into various QA supervisory level positions In the Dairy Industry recently with no luck. 

As a Quality Director, do you perceive any opportunity for someone to get "dairy specific experience" by way of part time or even volunteer work?

I am sure it sounds strange, but my current employment leaves only those two options to obtain "dairy specific" experience and I am trying to find some way to broaden my opportunities..

Thank you for any insight you can provide, and again, welcome to the forum.

Plastic Ducky

Hello.

Thank you for the welcome.

Regarding your question, i did not have any experience in Dairy when i start in this industry. I have a degree in Food Engineering and a Phd in Food technology...but nothing related to dairy industry.

Before enrolling this job i had a chance to do a 2 weeks training were i focused more in the production technology, quality problems and how to solve them...it was enough...the rest came in these 3 years here.

Regarding production line, it is important to understand all the process (related to milk production etc.). Maybe you can try some training with tetra pak...i had several and was really good. Regarding milk they have all covered from reception till the package.

Also we do yogurt and nothing here is by the book...you need practice and open mind to evaluate each production. This is my headache...

It is never too much to have specific training. If you have the opportunity and if is something that you want...i think you should do it. My 2 week training was really good...and it was 2 weeks because was a small dairy unit.

Any questions you have please let me know.

Carina

Thanked by 2 Members:

Charles.C

Grade - FIFSQN

• IFSQN Moderator
  • 20,542 posts
  • 5662 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:SF
    TV
    Movies

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:59 AM

Hello!!! I'm Carina. I'm Quality Director at a Dairy industry and i'm glad i'm find you so i can learn more. Thank you. 

Hi Carina,

Welcome to the Forum ! :welcome:

Thanks for yr interesting historical thoughts.

Having  been previously involved in a model haccp plan for yoghurt on this forum i agree with you that the production permutations are near-infinite !.

Kind Regards,

Charles.C

Mohamed.reda

Grade - AIFSQN

• IFSQN Associate
  • 39 posts
  • 2 thanks
Neutral

• Egypt
    Egypt

Posted 06 May 2018 - 10:35 PM

hello you are wellcome