• Quick Navigation
Photo

What are the benefits being a NSF certified product?

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
- - - - -

john2016

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Philippines
    Philippines

Posted 27 September 2018 - 02:25 AM

Good day,

What are the benefits being  a NSF certified products? 

Edited by john2016, 27 September 2018 - 02:25 AM.

Brendan Triplett

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 511 posts
  • 131 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Rugby, Military History, Reading

Posted 27 September 2018 - 08:39 AM

John,

Choosing a product that is "certified" by the NSF is basically buying a product that you know has been tested and found to be in compliance with all regulatory controls.  We choose them in our facility because we conduct most of our other training and audits through NSF and we know that they are good for facility use.  Their website says this: 

Millions of people take the safety of their food, water and consumer products for granted on a daily basis. Why? Because of three letters: NSF. NSF certification is your key to making sure that the products you use meet strict standards for public health protection.

Choosing a product certified by NSF lets you know the company complies with strict standards and procedures imposed by NSF. From extensive product testing and material analyses to unannounced plant inspections, every aspect of a product's development is thoroughly evaluated before it can earn our certification.

Products that earn NSF certification are said to be “NSF certified” or “NSF listed” and display the applicable NSF certification mark to show that they have been tested by one of today’s most respected independent product testing organizations.

Cheers!

Vice President and SQF Practitioner in Pennsylvania
Brendan Triplett

SQFconsultant

SQFconsultant

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 4,667 posts
  • 1140 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States
  • Interests:Just when I thought I was out - They pulled me back in!!!

Posted 27 September 2018 - 06:16 PM

I really don't know what the value of an NSF symbol is to the public.

I've never liked the company and that was based on how they treated their auditors and what they paid them - no, I never worked for them, but was appoached and would interact with many of them in my travels and in witnessing of auditing  at facilities that are my clients.

They are into a number of things, however that symbol means nothing to me, it's like a non-gmo certification... only being 90%.

All the Best,

All Rights Reserved,

Without Prejudice,

Glenn Oster.

Glenn Oster Consulting, LLC -

SQF System Development | Internal Auditor Training | eConsultant

Martha's Vineyard Island, MA - Restored Republic

http://www.GCEMVI.XYZ

http://www.GlennOster.com

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users