• Quick Navigation
Photo

How to add a Recall to your resume? (Should I?)

Share this

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

klara@earthise

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:54 PM

My company recently had a recall and I'm not sure if this is good or bad for my job experience, I supported during the recall and I learned a lot. 

Should I include it into my resume or not? If so, how should I write it? 

Thanks! 

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,444 posts
  • 1507 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:58 PM

I hear you, I was with a large company who went through a horrible recall situation. A good recruiter should be doing their homework and would be able to check you timeline against Acme cereal to see you worked their when the recall occurred. I've always just brought it up during the interview process

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

MsMars

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 606 posts
  • 194 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 October 2018 - 07:27 PM

If you were nervous about implications (depending on the type of company you were applying to), you could always skim over it with a short blurb such as "Active member of ABC Recall & Withdrawal Team coordinating product isolation, retrievals, customer notifications, and corrective actions associated with mock and real-time product recalls."

However, if you were heavily involved or instrumental in coordinating a *successful* recall, I would definitely add specifics to your resume. There's no shame in righting a wrong.

Edited by MsMars, 16 October 2018 - 07:29 PM.

Thanked by 1 Member:

kglara

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 3 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 16 October 2018 - 08:07 PM

Thank you both for the responses! It was a successful outcome so know I think I feel more confident adding it to my resume.  

Tiker974

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 2 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 18 October 2018 - 03:18 PM

Hello,

remember that what you put on your resume, should always be seen/assessed by the recruiter has a value for the position.

You have to be ready to argue in positive manner what you did and what you learn (from the recall process it self and the corrective action to avoid it again).

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users