Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 85 posts
  • 17 thanks
Neutral

• United States
    United States

Posted 13 November 2018 - 09:55 PM

Hello I am stumped on Food Quality Code section 2.4.1 Customer Requirements stating the requirements and expectations of customers and final consumers shall be continually reviewed to ensure the accuracy of specifications and the ability to supply to customer needs.  A full review of customers’ expectations for product and delivery shall occur at least annually.

What exactly is needed, or how did you comply.  Some in our facility think it means you have to physically review the finished good specs each one yearly, but that seems to me overkill we update our specs as they change, and when they change.

Any guidance on this will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

TaylahH

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 4 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Australia
    Australia

Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:43 AM

Hi,

I'm in the exact same boat!

We change to suit requirements whenever they ask and annually touch base to see whether any finished product specs have been updated. So far whenever a product spec has been updated they let us know.

I would also like to know what others think on this one, as most times there is no evidence of reviewing as it is just a simple call with the vendor whilst we are talking about something else. Some things haven't changed since 2011.

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,486 posts
  • 1511 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 14 November 2018 - 01:51 PM

This to me just sounds like a record keeping issue. Perhaps start a log where you record BRIEFLY conversations that occur either in house or with the customer about specs/ingredient changes et all

I would think that would be sufficient to cover the clause

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

MsMars

Grade - PIFSQN

• IFSQN Principal
  • 606 posts
  • 194 thanks
Excellent

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 November 2018 - 03:25 PM

Honest question - why aren't you doing a yearly review of your product specifications? I would at least keep a register of your specifications and revision dates of each, and if one has not been revised at least once during the year, then document a review of it as part of your annual review. I am not sure how many different products your facility handles, but to me that seems like it should be a part of the yearly review of your system. 

3560lynne

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 55 posts
  • 23 thanks
Good

• United States
    United States

Posted 14 November 2018 - 07:21 PM

A review of customers' expectations for product and delivery shall occur at least annually. I would consider a review of customer complaints as a review of "are we meeting customer expectations for product and delivery?" Or a proactive check on the ordering process. Verified order in process: quoted price, volume and delivery date all agreed with customer request. Follow up: Delivered  xxx amount on xxx date as required and agreed to by customer.  

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users