Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,493 posts
  • 1512 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 30 November 2018 - 06:19 PM

The one thing I could not find in the new regs was how "shipping containers" are labelled, so I submitted using the online form and this is the laughable generic response I got back

The current requirements under the Food and Drugs Act (FDA) and Food and Drug Regulations (FDR) will remain. As such, companies must continue to adhere to FDA and FDR requirements in addition to those under the SFCR.

Labelling requirements for foods in the SFCR are similar to what is currently in place. The Industry Labelling Tool will be updated with the new regulatory references once the SFCR comes into force.

As per section 218(1) of the SFCR, shipping containers (or in other words “prepackaged” or “prepackaged other than consumer prepackaged” foods) are required to be labelled with the following information, unless otherwise exempt:

- Common name (shown on the principal display panel)

- Name and principal place of business of the person by or for whom the food was manufactured, prepared, produced, stored, packaged or labelled, on any part of the label other than the bottom of the container

- Any information required to be shown on the label in accordance with the requirements of the Food and Drug Regulations for any prepackaged product as defined in subsection B.01.001(1) of those Regulations

In addition, certain foods have specific requirements that would apply to shipping containers. For details on the requirements for a specific food, refer to either to the Food-Specific Labelling Requirements section of the Industry Labelling Tool or Part 11 Division 3 of the SFCR.

As per section 205 of the SFCR, bilingual labelling on shipping containers is generally not required. Depending on the product certain exceptions may apply.

If the food in question imported, you may also wish to refer to Regulatory Requirement: Trade<http://inspection.gc...7/1539883860720> for information regarding the labelling requirements for imported food.

The current requirements under the Food and Drugs Act (FDA) and Food and Drug Regulations (FDR) will remain. As such, companies must continue to adhere to FDA and FDR requirements in addition to those under the SFCR.

So i guess that's a NO cardboard shipping containers of pre packaged foods DO NOT need labelled??????? 

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,493 posts
  • 1512 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 30 November 2018 - 06:33 PM

that response along with this link 

http://www.inspectio...4/1525441423693