• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 04 December 2018 - 04:55 PM

Good morning,

I'm new in this field and could really use some input on this flowchart I've been working on. As we only store and distribute finished goods, I knew this chart would be simple compared to the others I've seen on this forum. Any advice? (see attached)

Attached File  Chart-3478281.pdf   58.54KB   89 downloads

We are a 3pl company and we receive, store, and ship a wide variety of packaged food items for different clients (cooking oils, bulk tea, bags of rice etc.). The only time we come into contact with exposed product is when we clean up damages.

We have an isolated area in the warehouse where damages/waste is disposed and salvageable product is cleaned and re-palletized. Based from what I've been learning on this site, I will also need a separate flowchart for the isolated damage zone, correct? Any constructive criticism is welcomed. Thanks in advance.

-John

Scampi

Fellow

• IFSQN Fellow
  • 5,486 posts
  • 1511 thanks
Excellent

• Canada
    Canada

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:32 PM

You don't need a seperate flow chart of damage..........you just add another colour/line style to show where it is reworked and reintroduced back into regular storage  Otherwise looks good to me

Please stop referring to me as Sir/sirs

Thanked by 1 Member:

jtopete

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:27 PM

Hi Scampi,

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated!

-John

Grade - MIFSQN

• IFSQN Member
  • 227 posts
  • 69 thanks
Excellent

• Earth
    Earth
  • Interests:Validation, basketball, chocolatier

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:55 PM

Hi, jtopete.

Is there any security (tags) checks and/or weight checks when you leaving your site?  Also, are all stored in ambient? 

Otherwise, everything looks ok :)

Thanked by 1 Member:

jtopete

Grade - Active

• IFSQN Active
  • 6 posts
  • 0 thanks
Neutral

• Earth
    Earth

Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:19 AM

Hi, jtopete.

Is there any security (tags) checks and/or weight checks when you leaving your site?  Also, are all stored in ambient? 

Otherwise, everything looks ok :)

Yes all product is stored in ambient temps and does not need to be temp controlled. 

Since all the product that leaves our facility has never been opened or exposed by us, we only inspect the outbound trailers. If there is a noticeable damage/spill/leak to the product, we do not load it. All open product is disposed with the exception of cooking oil. Opened canisters of oil are poured into IBC tanks and recycled. 

Share this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users